Futaba FT-5C

Button pushers
PaulJ

Futaba FT-5C

Post by PaulJ »

My yearning for a Futaba FT-5C dates back to the 1960s when I first saw one in "Avicraft", then my local model shop. It was "different" and with it's smooth gold case I thought it was just the beez neez........ Now in my second childhood, after several years searching, I finally found one to convert! It wasn't in pristine condition and someone had replaced the button. However the case has cleaned up quite well and I have replaced the button with a substantial microswitch which is a somewhat bigger than the original but it looks the part and I had to 3D print the green plastic surround. It uses a Lemon Tx module and one of Phil's single channel emulators under the board. 'Not perfect but I think it looks OK........

FT-5C.jpg

FT-5Ca.jpg

Paul
Last edited by PaulJ on 25 Apr 2023, 11:32, edited 2 times in total.
Shaun

Re: Futaba FT-5C

Post by Shaun »

I've got some door limit switches from a de Havilland Mosquito that don't look that meaty. 😄😄

Very neat conversion 👍
HenkB

Post by HenkB »

Nice job, well done Paul,

I have the same nostalgic feelings for mij first Futaba radio set. A Futaba 5S. I did a conversion a few years ago.
IMG_2300.JPG

3D printed PLA case, antenna inside the case. It's one of my favourite toys now i.c.w. my Graupner Kadett.

Henk
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Convincing replica. Looks great.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Looks great Henk! :P
RobertC

Post by RobertC »