Single Channel Book.

Button pushers
iflylilplanes

Single Channel Book.

Post by iflylilplanes »

I came across a MAP book called "Single Channel Radio Control" (this issue printed in 1970), on a Facebook group I'm a member of, the post said it is in a antiques store with a book section, this book along with a large quantity of Aeromodeller magazines (later issues), as it was of no interest to the other members of the group I got in touch with the store and now it's mine. A great addition to my collection.

If any are interested, I can scan SCRC and pass it on to "RCLibrary" for anyone to download and view, there are some beautiful photos in the centre section.

Then last night, I was gifted another book "Aeromodeling" by R.H.Warring, not sure when it was published as the first one or two pages are missing. I love the cover drawing it's Ken Willard's Roaring 20 (I'm a fan of his designs).

My Latest Acquisitions.
Cheers,

Dave
Scott Todd

Re: Single Channel Book.

Post by Scott Todd »

I had a copy of the Aeromodeling book as a kid. I went looking for it after I went off to college (80's) and someone at home tossed it :(

Totally forgot about it until I saw that cover. Thank you :)
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Hi Dave

Thanks for posting.

The Single Channel Radio Control was the first book on the hobby I got in 1970. The chapters on carrier wave and tone went straight over my head, but I was only nine at the time! When I got my OS Pixie and KK Mini Super, some of it began to make sense. But I never thought that 40 odd years later I'd have most of the sets listed in the reference in my collection and all the technical details would make sense. I've still got my original book, though it is well thumbed and so I bought a pristine copy for my book collection.

Cheers

Mike
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

I've been enjoying the old aeromodelling magazines being posted on RClibaray everyday, some going back as far as 1905, the Grid Leaks news letters have had some interesting articles as well.
Cheers,

Dave
Scott Todd

Post by Scott Todd »

I found a hardback version of Aeromodleing on Amazon. Its on its way :)

Couldn't find the Single channel one.

Scott
belli

Post by belli »

Hi Dave,

Did you have a chance to scan these books?
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

Not as yet, I've been having a rebuild year this year, left knee has been replaced, then I spent 3 weeks in hospital with a Staph infection, and, I'm due soon to have the right knee replaced, going to do the scan has not been high on my list of things to do, but I will be doing it soon. As soon as I do I will post a copy here and a copy on RClibrary.
Cheers,

Dave
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

iflylilplanes wrote: 26 Jul 2018, 00:03 Not as yet, I've been having a rebuild year this year.. .. .
Dave,
All the best with your recovery mate ;) I've been going through similar the last 5 months (actually sitting in pre-op as I write this :roll: ) - if only it we're as simple as a cleanup, dropping in Phil's encoder, 2.4GHz module & a new lipo. :P
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
tiptipflyer

Post by tiptipflyer »

Hi Dave,
all the best with your recovery and happy birthday. Health is the most important thing.

Frank
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

Thanks Wayne and Frank, I will start the scan this week, I'm thinking of pulling the staples and scanning the book as it was printed, then anyone can reassemble the book as if it is the real thing. How's that sound?
Cheers,

Dave