Triang Radiomaster

Button pushers
Shaun

Triang Radiomaster

Post by Shaun »

Just picked up one of these; I gave one away about 8 years ago and regretted it. New old stock and only cost £24.00 including postage..eBay bargain :D

Antenna and instructions missing. Antenna not a problem as I believe it was just aluminium tube but looking at it I believe a spare one from an ED set may well fit it... Had a google around but can't locate any instructions as of yet.

The Radiomaster system was for use in a ready to sail,Triang boat but there was also a receiver and actuator pack that could be bought separately. I would like one of these as well... hint , hint.....

Cheers,

Shaun
Triang Tx.jpg
Pchristy

Re: Triang Radiomaster

Post by Pchristy »

I remember seeing one of those in a shop in Plymouth "when I were a lad"! The shopkeeper was trying to demonstrate it to a potential customer, along with the cargo boat that it was intended to control.

I must have watched for about half-an-hour as the shopkeeper grew increasingly frustrated with each failed attempt to get it to work! They occasionally got the rudder on the boat to twitch sporadically, but that was about it!

Mind you, in those days no-one knew much about RC, and it all seemed like black magic! With the tools and experience available today, it shouldn't be too hard to get one working!

Best of luck! :lol:

--
Pete
RON
Site Admin

Post by RON »

Looks like a mig welder :D

I bet that’s easy to copy!

Ron
G0MBV Class A Radio Amateur, North Yorkshire
GeeW

Post by GeeW »

C'mon lets have a peek inside......Is it transistors or glow-bottles??
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

One huge glow bottle. :D

This is an early one ... number 75. Built in the 1950's
Shaun.
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Shaun

If you want to see what an original Tx aerial looked liked, there was one sold at auction a while back, it is basically the same as an ED Tx aerial:

https://www.mullocksauctions.co.uk/lot- ... smitt.html

You got yours at a fantastic price, I paid a fair bit more for mine and it isn't boxed. But I bet you'd like the cargo ship to go with it, I know I would.

Ron wrote: 04 Jan 2019, 10:13
I bet that’s easy to copy!

Ron
Ron, it probably would be easy to copy, but you'd need to find a fairly big red alloy box, it's too big for my 3D printer to do a plastic copy.

Mike
tiptipflyer

Post by tiptipflyer »

How about a replica in reduced size, about 50% or 66%?

Frank
Igull

Post by Igull »

Mike_K wrote: 05 Jan 2019, 00:24 I bet that’s easy to copy!
Ron

Ron, it probably would be easy to copy, but you'd need to find a fairly big red alloy box, it's too big for my 3D printer to do a plastic copy.

Mike
You could easily do a two-part plug on your printer then just vacform it in 1.5 or 2.0mm red styrene sheet (or sprayed if you like from white styrene which is easier to get). You could simply do that yourself or just get a local vacform guy to do it for peanuts.

The switches are just lamp pushbuttons and the handle looks ex-B&Q :D

Neil
Wavemeter

Post by Wavemeter »

Extraordinary find and completely new with box!
Thinking of making similar oddly before I say this post - been researching tins to put it in - see eBay photo
Attachments
CD4165C7-BA3F-47FC-AC00-9B46D56DBB27.png
Reconstituted boy
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Great box but a pity it costs as much as I paid the the triang tx. 😉

Shaun.