A different OS Pixie Box for Ron

Button pushers
Mike_K

A different OS Pixie Box for Ron

Post by Mike_K »

I know Ron loves his boxes and I have recently got a variation on the OS Pixie MK1, the one sold under the Aristo-Craft brand in the USA. The box is exactly the same size, but is a bit more decorative and definitely more colourful. There's something to have a go at Ron :)

In fact there are a few other subtle differences between a UK specification OS Pixie MK1 and this one I bought from the USA. The first difference is that the USA spec' one hasn't got a screw to hold the lid on, it is a snap fit, positive enough not to fall off or come lose, but still easy to remove. It would be easier to 3D print a recreation of this without having to worry about fitting the thumb-screw.

The second difference is the transmitter is a far darker shade of grey/blue than the UK spec' Tx. Now I know that some USA spec' OS Pixie MK2 were black and the UK spec' version was a deep blue, maybe it's the same with the MK1's? Does anybody know why some USA OS Pixie's were a different colour to the UK specification versions?

Cheers

Mike
Aristo_Craft_Pixie_01.jpg
Aristo_Craft_Pixie_02.jpg
Shaun

Re: A different OS Pixie Box for Ron

Post by Shaun »

Never seen that version before. Outer packaging is great .

Shaun
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

A new one for me too, but I do like the packaging😀

Mike, may we have a close-up pic of the Pixie character & the Aristocraft logo? Thanks,
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Hi Wayne

I tried taking close up photo's but I got better results putting the box lid on my scanner and scanning it. Hopefully you should have all the close up detail you need.

And the Aristo-Craft Pixie isn't unique in not having a lid retained by a screw, I bought an OS Pixie off eBay last year for spares (the plastic enclosure was so badly cut about and damaged its beyond repair), it too has no lid screw. So there we obviously a change along the way. The fact that the OS Pixie MK2's have a retaining screw makes me wonder if the early PIxie's had no screw and this was added to later OS Pixie MK1's and to the MK2's?

I've scanned and uploaded the instructions, they are near identical to the UK specification OS Pixie instructions I have.

Cheers

Mike
Ariso_Craft_Pixie.jpg
Ariso_Craft_Pixie_RH_End.jpg
Aristo-Craft_Pixie.pdf
(589.14 KiB) Downloaded 87 times
RON
Site Admin

Post by RON »

Thanks Mike,
Yes, all very interesting, Keep watching this space!!

Ron
G0MBV Class A Radio Amateur, North Yorkshire
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Thanks Mike ;)
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)