macgregor terrytone receiver

Button pushers
Delta

macgregor terrytone receiver

Post by Delta »

Has anyone got a circuit diagram for the terrytone receiver or any other 3 volt single channel receiver?
Hoping someone can help
Thank you
Mike_K

Re: macgregor terrytone receiver

Post by Mike_K »

Here you go, MacGregor Terrytone as published in RCM&E Dec 1961.

Mike

MacGregor_Terrytone_Rx.pdf
(1.66 MiB) Downloaded 52 times
Delta

Post by Delta »

Dear Mike
Thank you so much - I had almost given up hope!

Can I be really cheeky - at the end of the scan there is a feature about a "Windy's Relaytor" could I twist your arm to send me the rest of it.
Thanking you in anticipation.
regards
Ben
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Typically I'd just put the magazine away, then checked the forum. Never mind here's the Windy Relaytor article.

Cheers

Mike
Windy_Relaytor.jpg
Delta

Post by Delta »

Thank you
regards
Ben
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Ben, seeing the Relaytor reminded me of a curious "contraption" which I found on ebay ages ago and I still have out in my mancave. It has an ED sticker on it but, whatever it is, it is not any standard ED escapement that I have ever seen and seeing the Relaytor I think it could be a competent attempt at making something similar by cannibalising an ED escapement, prompted by the Relaytor article.........
IMG_0392.JPG
IMG_0393.JPG
IMG_0396.JPG
The chances of my ever using it are pretty remote so if you would like to play with it, I will gladly send it to you.

Paul
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Hi Paul

The top photo is of an ED clockwork escapement, I've attached a photo of a few I've got together with the instructions. I don't know what the other one is, it looks similar to a MK1 Bonner escapement I have, but it's not quite the same. Hopefully somebody else can identify it for you.
ED_Escapement_02.jpg
Mike
Attachments
ED_Mk1_ escapement.pdf
(225.97 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Mike, all the photos are of the same escapement and it is not clockwork....... Maybe it was once clockwork and somebody has modified it so that it is now rubber driven. As it is, it is certainly not a production item though whoever did it did a competent job and it appears to work well. However I have never installed it in a model.

Paul
F2B

Post by F2B »

Mike_K wrote: 25 Feb 2019, 20:12 Typically I'd just put the magazine away, then checked the forum. Never mind here's the Windy Relaytor article.

Cheers

Mike

Windy_Relaytor.jpg
In your country he's known as 'Windy', probably because his true name (Evert > say: Ayvurt) was hard to pronounce in English at that time, who will tell?
Anyway, my first encounter with RC (I was flying a bit of FF and a lot of CL) was at a national contest (1966?) where we went as spectators.
Two people stood out from the (most grumpy) crowd that (in hindsight) probably was too stressed while getting their rigs working as planned....
Many times Dutch champion Jan van Vliet took all time to answer questions and show things to a 13 year old and so did Evert Kreulen. To this day I consider them as two of the godfathers of Dutch RC.
Evert passed away long ago, but I had a nice conversation with Jan about this at our annual contest pilots meeting last January.
I still have Evert's book with invaluable tips for the budding DIY RC homebuilder.
From that book, there's a picture of him with the Lil Beau bipe mentioned. Does anyone have the article in pdf?
F2B or not to be....
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Cheers,

Tobe