Possible actuator problem

Waggly tails
AllenD

Possible actuator problem

Post by AllenD » 07 Oct 2019, 01:01

While I was installing and sitting up my Fidget, I notices that once in a while the actuator would stop, always at full rudder travel, either full right or full left, for about a second. I know have five flights on my Fidget and it has happened on three of the five flights. the airplane will suddenly roll hard to one side, get about 90 degrees from level, then the actuator will start again. The first time, on the second flight, I was on approach and only about ten feet up, the next two time I was 80 to 100 feet up. Does anyone have an idea of what is going on. I would hate to have it happen on landing or takeoff just a couple off the ground.

Tobe

Re: Possible actuator problem

Post by Tobe » 07 Oct 2019, 06:50

Check PM Allen

JohnH

Post by JohnH » 20 Oct 2019, 15:02

I am having the same problem. My Rand actuator will go momentarily hard to the counter clockwise position every 5 seconds or so. I am using a converted a Controlaire GG transmitter with Phil's GG encoder and I am using it with Phil's GG recoder with throttle control for the Rand Servo. I have not yet successfully trouble shot the problem. Can anyone help?
Many thanks,
John Haffner
John H.
"Here's another fine mess you've gotten me into."

Tobe

Post by Tobe » 20 Oct 2019, 15:57

John, please check PM. Quick question, at what voltage do you run the actuator?

Cheers

Tobe