Controlaire Galloping Ghost transmitter

Waggly tails
jmendoza

Controlaire Galloping Ghost transmitter

Post by jmendoza »

Many thanks to Phil on this one, he made my dream come true. The transmitter pictured below was my xmas gift from 1969, a Controlaire GG transmitter w/ a Rand GG Pak and F&M Vanguard. I never flew it because nobody here knew anything about Ghost and I was told it was not reliable. Fast forward to the new millenium and late in 2017, after bugging Phil, he came up with his GG Arduino and sent me one. The results are below, and it works great, I have had a blast flying it. The original transmitter completes the authentic look and feel of the original systems, and turns heads at the field, guys are always laughing and asking questions. This is a perfect way to demonstrate and celebrate the heritage of R/C development.

Thanks Phil and Tobe.
If anyone has questions on doing the conversions, I'm happy to answer and assist.
Jay
ContWhiz.JPG
Cont GG emulator.JPG
Scott Todd

Re: Controlaire Galloping Ghost transmitter

Post by Scott Todd »

Great job Jay !

Is you only had a little more room in that case for more stuff....
jmendoza

Re: Controlaire Galloping Ghost transmitter

Post by jmendoza »

I actually flew the plane pictured with the radio last weekend in a field with a cellular tower, and did not have a glitch until after it landed, then the rudder and elevator locked hard over for about a second and then resumed pulsing! Otto flew his Mayfly too, we were at 6800 feet by Big Bear Lake.