One off Galloping Ghost system, for Pulstar

Waggly tails
Mosfets

Re: One off Galloping Ghost system, for Pulstar

Post by Mosfets »

Thanks for posting the video, very informative.

If you want to learn about Arduino sketches I can recommend the EPE ( Everyday and Practical Electronincs) Teach in series No 8 book. It takes you from the basics through to more adventurous projects.

Ade
Martin

Post by Martin »

Well done Barry! A nice model, nicely flown, and an very well made YouTube video. :D

I think the best way to learn Arduino sketches (or any programming for that matter) is to choose some project that you think is *just about* obtainable with your current skill level, and dive in and enjoy yourself! If you succeed you'll get a lot of satisfaction, and even if you fail you'll still have learned a lot! Of course Google and the Internet is your friend (plus Mode Zero, of course) whenever you feel a bit stuck and want to see how others have done it or would try to do it.

Myself, I learn a lot faster by doing - when I'm working through following the code of others, I think I understand it, but then when I come to write my own code I find I've not learned as much as I thought. :oops:

So you might start with something like a battery checker - perhaps eight or so LEDs that light up in turn to show the battery state - you could use a few red, amber, and green LEDS to make it pretty. Then if you're interested in displays, you could add a small display to show the actual voltage - and so on.

That's only a suggestion of course - you really need to try to think of some simple gadget that, once you've got it working, will actually be useful or interesting to you - that way you will be much more motivated to succeed.
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Martin, was playing with this your project which I appreciate and enjoy as the question raised if it was possible to modify the code in such way it would work with a ATTiny85 ?

Keep on the good work

Tobe
Cheers,

Tobe
Martin

Post by Martin »

Hi Tobe,

Yes should be possible. We need two pins to drive the H-bridge. Provided we don't want to bother with a crystal, that leaves three inputs (four at a pinch by using RST pin) for the radio channels.

It would be nice to use a single wire input for the radio channels - either SBUS or CPPM or Spektrum satellite protocol or similar - that allows us to use really tiny receivers, and would leave two pins of the ATtiny85 free for serial port for debugging - but it does limit the types of receiver that people would be able to use.

I suppose ideally we need both variants. :?
Martin

Post by Martin »

Started a new thread for the ATtiny85 version, so as not to clutter up and confuse this one.