Question for Phil

Waggly tails
jmendoza

Question for Phil

Post by jmendoza »

Hi Phil,
does the sketch for the GG w/ progessive throttle need to be modified to move the PPM output for the Pro Mini Strong board?

Thanks,
Jay
Phil_G

Re: Question for Phil

Post by Phil_G »

Hi Jay, for all the ready-to-go encoders I always use D0 on the Strong boards and the DIY-More as it
facilitates a 3-pin header for the RF module, in the sketch it will be on D0 but of course you can move
it to any unused pin if you wish, its just that D0 is very convenient. Of course to power the RF module
you also need to do the mod detailed here for the Strong and here for the DIY-More.
The mods are also listed in the "7ch+scmix" and "Reeduino" documents.

Strong board:
new_larger_diymore_mod5.jpg

DIY-More board:
diy_more3.jpg

Cheers
Phil
jmendoza

Re: Question for Phil

Post by jmendoza »

Thanks Phil,
I went ahead and used your sketch, it said PPM=0 and it worked fine on the Pro-min-strong board.
This conversion is for a later model Controlaire GG transmitter, it has no meter and the O.S. style joystick. I strapped the 50K elevator pot with a 47K 1/2 watt, and used two 220 ohm resistors in series with the plus and minus to A0, makes it think its a 23K pot.
The throttle push buttons have large metal bases that are screwed and soldered to the PC board, requiring a little fiddling to remove and mount, but they come out very tidy. The antenna mount is brass, I had to bore it to fit the 2.4GH antenna. Using red knob on rudder rate pot, blue knob on elevator rate. Took about 5-6 hours and came out very nice, now I have two Controlaires. :P

Will post photos when I'm all done with the actuator (building it right now, but my back got tired so I'm taking a break).

Thanks again Phil,
Jay

DSCN1291.JPG