Repost: GEM 6 channel Reeduino

My favourite
_AL_

Repost: GEM 6 channel Reeduino

Post by _AL_ »

Reposted from May 2017 on behalf of _AL_

I received some cases for the next couple of projects today & one I thought was white is actually grey.
After a bit of a think I've been mucking about with the GEM decal Ron created a while back. GEM Reeduino perhaps?
file51a4.jpg
file51a4.jpg (21.63 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
I'm still waiting for my Guitar switches to arrive so I have a bit of time to play with the decal before I get serious.

The switches arrived yesterday so I spent last night "fixing" them. These ones are really nice. Much better than the others I bought.
I messed about with layout this afternoon & drilled the holes for the switches once I got it feeling right.

Some tweaking to do with the decal but it's getting there.
file9c6a.jpg
file9c6a.jpg (29.23 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
Inside. That'll work
filefa0c.jpg
filefa0c.jpg (20.67 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
Switch placement is similar to my other Reeds & feels pretty good. These switches are really nice.
filea83e.jpg
filea83e.jpg (24.96 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
Messing about with the decal placement & working out what needs to change. Still some work to do here.

Getting closer now.

Al
file749f.jpg
file749f.jpg (20.13 KiB) Viewed 2068 times

Re: GEM 6 channel Reeduino
Postby Phil_G » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:49 pm

Nice. Are you fitting the S/C button Al?
Phil_G

Postby Tobe » Wed Jun 07, 2017 7:54 pm

...no excuses or cheating please!
Tobe

Postby ronstv » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:59 pm

Nice one Al
Looking forward to seeing the finished article.
Ron.

Postby _AL_ » Fri Jun 09, 2017 7:38 am

Thanks guys.
Phil_G wrote:Nice. Are you fitting the S/C button Al?
Phil, the answer is yes & no.
Subsequent to our previous discussions around buddy boxing, I'm not going to put a button on the case but I'll have a plug in button on a cable (on a box) which will work effectively like a buddy box S/C set.
The plan being to encourage a few of the club members to fly master on the reeds while I try to control it with S/C or vice versa.
It's a long weekend here so I'm hoping to have the guts done this weekend & possibly print the decal. Once I get the decal looking right I'll get some paint colour matched & paint the case.
Sounds good in theory, we'll see if it works in reality.
_AL_

Postby _AL_ » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:23 pm

Still waiting for my white inkjet sticky paper to arrive..... Hopefully tomorrow.

I don't think a meter or Oled wouldn't look right so I've decided to use a single Tricolour LED as the battery monitor. I threw together a sketch to give me green down to 7.6v, Yellow to 7.2 & Red below that, then uploaded to a Promini.
By some miracle I managed to get it to work without too much fuss so my Arduinoing is getting better. The next test will be to get it to work on an Attiny 85 but the Promini will easily fit so that'll do for this one.
I had to do some daisychaining of resistors to get the right values so I'll grab the right values tomorrow & solder it all up ready to install once the case is painted.

Al

Postby _AL_ » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:26 am

The plan was to have the auto parts store colour match some paint to the decal with their fancy colour matching machine. Unfortunately they don't have the machine anymore so I had to resort to TLAR.
I ended up using 1/3 dark blue & 2/3 french blue Modelmaster acrylic paint which was pretty close.
I painted this afternoon with an airbrush & baked for 10 mins in the little toaster oven at around 45c. Once I test the decal will cope, I'll clear it with auto acrylic clear coat.
Not my best paintjob but it'll do. I'm pretty happy with it at this point.

Phil, I think the buzzer is a good idea. I might see if I can get that to work in the sketch. I'll do some research soon to see what changes are needed to use the ATtiny 85. With something so simple it shouldn't take much.

Ron. I like the chrome bezels but can't get them locally. I'll use a plastic one for this but I might order some for next time. I really like your Skyleaders. Great looking radios.

More pics once it's cleared & together.
file08f8.jpg
fileed1e.jpg
fileed1e.jpg (19.09 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
Al

Postby _AL_ » Fri Jun 16, 2017 1:40 pm

That's a wrap.

Al
file2405.jpg
file2405.jpg (17.51 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
file0ee0.jpg
file0ee0.jpg (18.49 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
file5fcf.jpg
file5fcf.jpg (17.26 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
Postby ronstv » Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:43 pm

I like it Al.
Think I used humbrol French blue for mine. Was near enough.
How did you make the decal?
filec9b1.jpg
filec9b1.jpg (21.04 KiB) Viewed 2068 times
Ron

Postby tiptipflyer » Fri Jun 16, 2017 3:20 pm

Good job Al.
I used a standard blue spray can from Aldi for mine. Close enough for me.

Frank
file511e.jpg
file511e.jpg (25.34 KiB) Viewed 2068 times

Postby _AL_ » Sat Jun 17, 2017 1:46 am

Ron
I bought some white & clear inkjet sticker paper to try for decals on my scratch build gliders. I'm finding water slide decal paper fiddly & fragile.
This is just white sticker paper with the logo printed on photo settings.
It went a bit translucent when I cleared it but once the clear dried it went back to white & is as close to perfect as I could hope for.
Looks very promising for decals too.

Al

Postby Mosfets » Sat Jun 17, 2017 9:52 am

You have very nice looking TXs there, I might have to consider making one to match my recently acquired mug.
Mosfets

Postby ronstv » Sat Jun 17, 2017 12:30 pm

I think you should go for it Ade.
Ron.
_AL_

Re: Repost: GEM 6 channel Reeduino

Post by _AL_ »

Reeduino Gem & Tiny 6.
Attachments
DSC_0431jpg_036.JPG
DSC_0430jpg_035.JPG