Reedy10

My favourite
chlluk

Reedy10

Post by chlluk »

Hi
Can I get details of the rotary encoder/switch shown in the schematic.
Regards
Clive
Martin

Re: Reedy10

Post by Martin »

Hi Clive,

This is sort of thing you need: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3Pcs-set-6mm ... 2228998536

That's 3 pieces with free shipping for 99p. You can also get them with a PCB with connector soldered to the back as shown in the picture - but you don't really need that - it unnecessarily complicates things by having pull up resistors and a VCC connection - which are not needed as the Reedy 10 sketch enables the Arduino's own internal pull-ups on the inputs. You probably also want to buy a knob to fit the 6mm shaft, unless you already have some or want to make one from a bit of wood or similar.

The two big 'pins' on two opposite sides are just for mechanical support and can be ignored. That leaves two pins on one side which are just a momentary switch when the encoder is pressed, and three pins on the other side which are the 'A', 'common' and 'B' inputs from the rotary part of the encoder. For the Reedy 10, one pin of the switch and the common (centre) pin of the encoder go to GND, the other pin of the switch goes to A2 and the 'A' and 'B' encoder pins go go A0 and A1. Once the Reedy 10 is working, if you find the encoder works backwards (clockwise decreasing instead of increasing) then just swap the 'A' and 'B' wires on A0 and A1,

Some people have used the cylindrical 'roller' type encoders that Spektrum transmitters have - but the only source I know of for those is to raid one from an old broken Spektrum or similar transmitter. You could also probably use the flat type that the Futaba FF9 transmitter used - if you can find a source for one and a way of mounting it neatly.

ReedyTen_Schematic.gif
chlluk

Post by chlluk »

Many Thanks
Clive
tiptipflyer

Post by tiptipflyer »

Hi Martin,
is there any chance getting the 3D print Case info for your Single Channel transmitter and for the Reedy 10 transmitter case (ReedyTenCase_STL_files) back? They were lost in the old forum and I would like to give it a try to print out those cases.
Many Thanks
Cheers
Frank
Martin

Post by Martin »

Hi Frank, Sorry for the delay. I was working away from home and had no access to my CAD files till today.
ReedyTenInsideFront.png
ReedyTenInsideBack.png
Attachments
ReedyTenScad.zip
(3 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
tiptipflyer

Post by tiptipflyer »

Thank you very much Martin,
no problem with the delay. I am away from home quite often also and know about it.
Thank you for the files. I found a guy, who is printing 3D for a very reasonable price here in Germany, so I will give it a try to get some more enclosures printed.
I also will try to learn a bit about OpenSCAD. I will try to draw a case of the Engel Uniton Handy transmitter.
I don´t know, if I will work, maybe I am too old to learn new tricks. We will see.
I apreciate your help.

Cheers
Frank