My Jr 60 with Tiny 6 Radio

My favourite
Wayne_H

Re: My Jr 60 with Tiny 6 Radio

Post by Wayne_H »

Colonel Blink wrote: 13 May 2019, 07:58 Mind you, I'd not thought of joining them together, and that is a Top Money Saving Tip!!!!
Especially if you have a bulk lot of the smaller bands, or better yet, you got the smaller bands for free!!! :lol:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Colonel Blink

Post by Colonel Blink »

I don't know about Down Under, but up here in the Old Country, posties shed elastic bands on the pavement..... since I got a dog and started multiple daily walks to the park, I have copious bands - but only in two sizes!
F2B

Post by F2B »

Here in the Low Countries the demise of written, paper mail has dealt a death blow to these freebees.
Only very seldom now one has an encounter with abandoned rubber bands...
Instead we have to attend a pound (Euro)shop for those.... :mrgreen:
F2B or not to be....
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

Heres my latest J60, bought at the Nats bring-&-buy and hurriedly fitted out for Ponty. I made a sheet steel motor mount and its not good, getting noisy vibrations & drumming with anything over half throttle. Needs a proper firewall fitting but it'll do for Ponty next week! Note the wing held on by joined bands.... :lol:
IMG_20190513_165926_327.JPG
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

I don't see why it should vibrate above 1/2 throttle...... Have you checked the balance of the prop? :?

Paul
Spike S

Post by Spike S »

Shaft may also be bent. If prop balancing off the motor fails to cure it, try moving the prop round in 60° steps relative to the shaft, looking for improvement each time.
Spike S
(Tune for maximum smoke)
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Colonel Blink wrote: 13 May 2019, 16:02 I don't know about Down Under, but up here in the Old Country, posties shed elastic bands on the pavement..... since I got a dog and started multiple daily walks to the park, I have copious bands - but only in two sizes!
Let me guess Colonel - the 2 sizes are too big & too little :lol: :P :lol:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Colonel Blink

Post by Colonel Blink »

Nearly..... they are too little and much too little!!!
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Spike S wrote: 13 May 2019, 22:56 Shaft may also be bent. If prop balancing off the motor fails to cure it, try moving the prop round in 60° steps relative to the shaft, looking for improvement each time.
The moving around trick works well for IC motors especially single cylinder spark ignition ones.
I doubt it would be effective on electric motors though.
You would see any bend in the shaft by looking at the prop driver / Hub...

Shaun.
TomWatson

Post by TomWatson »

Colonel Blink wrote: 13 May 2019, 07:58 I think that Phil was referring to your joining together of smaller wing bands rather than pay for ones the correct size! :lol:

Mind you, I'd not thought of joining them together, and that is a Top Money Saving Tip!!!!
Oh, I understand now, I am just a poor dumb Aussie. Lots of No64 Rubber bands here.

Tom Watson