What’s happening here?

Single to Multi propo
Wavemeter

What’s happening here?

Post by Wavemeter »

Okay so I probably deserve a big smack on the wrist because at this moment I’m thinking of transferring all of the innards out of the JR transmitter to the OSCougar mark one. This will give me a basic 4 channel proportional set up with servo reverse. I ought really be using the digi spark Or other such postage stamp encoder. In the photo you will see I have spliced in one of the pots in the OS transmitter into the JR. It all works however the movement on the servo is small. The equivalent of a trim pot. The JR has four pots Per stick, And the OS only two of course. Can this fault be rectified? Is it something to do with the pot values or is it the wiring involving the trim pot in the JR transmitter and if so could this be bypassed? Your help as always is much appreciated. (maybe I should just buy a bunch of DIgi spark encoders! )
7FCC7E8C-297D-4434-AAD5-DE1B652B4FA9.jpg
F8701EC2-F5BA-4A24-9FBF-B97D46F3FF4C.jpg
Reconstituted boy
bluejets

Re: What’s happening here?

Post by bluejets »

I think you will find the JR pot works over 60 degrees not the usual 270 degrees.
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Jonathan, other Forum members have experienced similar challenges with other conversions - have a look at the topic:
Simple way for separate trim pots (viewtopic.php?f=9&t=135)

but searching this forum for "separate trim pots" will also turn up other references/info.

Let us all know how your conversion progresses.
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Wavemeter

Post by Wavemeter »

Thank you Bluejets and Wayne
I’ll take a look and report back
Reconstituted boy