Pecon Digital

Single to Multi propo
Taurus Flyer

Re: Pecon Digital

Post by Taurus Flyer »

In my modeling career I came across the name Remcon in a magazine and found their shop in the 3e Helmerstraat in Amsterdam.
I spoke to the people there and bought a 6 channel remcon receiver as a kit. Some housewives, 3 or 4 sat at a workbench, building transmitters and receivers.
I also saw a Simprop 2 + 1 transmitter !! I spoke to the owner of the business and said it was very strange and recommended that he get rid of it. Yes, I wanted to buy the channel and what happened??? He sold me the transmitter for a very reasonable price !!.
In another magazine I came across an extensive article about the transmitter and the associated receiver. More than enough to rebuild the transmitter in a build like Kraft with a newly designed circuit board and 5 channels.
I still have the 2 + 1, documentation and replica transmitter. With the 2 + 1 and Remcon receiver and 3 Remcon servos I made my first proportional flights. The servos were slow with a lot of hysteresis. Airplane of own design, see the photographs.
With the reconstructed transmitter, Remcon receiver and 5 converted Simprop D502 servos, I have flown smoothly for about 10 years. You could buy the Simprop servos as mechanics with Dunkler electric motors, for this electronic boards I made with an extra amplification stage at the input because of the BRY39's of the receiver. Replacing the Dunklers with Mitsumi.
I still have both transmitter, I would still like to have a receiver to fly with the set again.
Attachments
1.jpg
image-16.jpg
5 DSCI0133 met tekst.jpg
3 Taurus Flyer 1968 400.jpg
2 Taurus Flyer 1967.jpg
DSCI0416.JPG
5.jpg
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

I was surprised a few years back when I found a Pecon transmitter, I'd seen the adverts, but wondered if any had ever been sold as I never saw one "in the day". I've now found a second one, this time in green and in far better condition than the beige one, except it's missing the stick end and the MacGregor stick shafts are far thicker than a regular joystick shaft, so I'll have to get my son to machine something.

Pecon.jpg

I now need to find a red and black cased version and I'll have the complete set...

Pecon_01.jpg
Pecon_01.jpg (50.91 KiB) Viewed 3845 times
stuart mackay

Post by stuart mackay »

Wow, Mike ! Where did you find that unicorn?
They are the same Horizon stick found in Series 3 Flight Link, Staveley 3 and early MacG GG Txs, So if anyone has any spare sticks from those, then you might be onto a winner?
Think the beige one needs to find its way to Swaffham Skunk Works for some well needed renovation?