From Tobe's skunkworkshop

Single to Multi propo
Tobe

Re: From Tobe's skunkworkshop

Post by Tobe »

I'm dangerous to leave alone with a few balsa sheets, a couple of razor blades...
Cheers,

Tobe
Al Clark

Post by Al Clark »

Real cuties! Fun to fly I'm sure.
Al Clark
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Some news from the Skunkworkshop, it happens that I build before I think so I find myself with a model to which I don't have the proper gear so I have to go for plan B and come up with something suitable and this happened with my latest project and in the prepare for the indoor season. I had the micro Rx ready but no servos...
This could give an idea in how it's built up
This could give an idea in how it's built up
This design is quite minimalistic and offer several options in how it could be mounted by just changing the bracket but at the end it's a 6gr servo based on an over the counter available motor/gearbox and the feed back pot is mounted on the top of the outgoing shaft and the PC-board is the key component.
For the time being I'm using a dummy pc-board as I haven't got the actual yet and i just use one of my regular amp

This is the model that called for custom servos!
This is the model that called for custom servos!
Wing span 60 cmm / 24" and below the magic 250 gr
Wing span 60 cmm / 24" and below the magic 250 gr
This brackets are made so the servo attach to the side
This brackets are made so the servo attach to the side
The final installation in the model
The final installation in the model
Here you can see the same bracket I used in the model and allows to instal the servo as a normal servo. in the picture you will also see my 4 ch Micro Rx with JST connectors and has the same size as the Orange Micro DSM2 Rx
Here you can see the same bracket I used in the model and allows to instal the servo as a normal servo. in the picture you will also see my 4 ch Micro Rx with JST connectors and has the same size as the Orange Micro DSM2 Rx
Cheers,

Tobe
bluejets

Post by bluejets »

Nice work.
Forgive my lack of knowledge but what is the model name..??
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

No excuses needed...there's no name for the time being, it's just something that came out after playing around a few hours in the shop. Many of my models are just made that way and reflect the mood I'm in at the moment. This time I was looking for something calm weather/indoor with some retro look and a platform to test some mini equipment I have designed so this came out. The proportions are quite standard for that kind of models...often tail heavy unfortunately especially in an electric version.
It flies well but needs really calm weather not least as it came out quite light despite 15 gr. clay in the nose...
Here a few additional pictures:
20230904_080737.jpg
20230904_080754.jpg
20230904_080808.jpg
20230904_080834.jpg
Cheers,

Tobe
bluejets

Post by bluejets »

Thanks for the photos...should be able to get some workable drawing/proportions from those.
Cheers Jeff
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Happy to hear you like the model, I could, when I'm back, make a quick sketch with a few measurement for you.
Cheers,

Tobe
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Some news...been working on a project based on LoRa 433Mhz modules available out there and..
My test set up
My test set up
Here is my test module and it's based on the Basic module I have already shared with you
Here is my test module and it's based on the Basic module I have already shared with you
Still a long way to gobut it's a beginning.
LoRa is known to offer good range and as 2.4 Ghz is getting more and more crowded...many commercial set offers 2 bands system and the secondary is based on a LoRa in one of the available frequencies
Stay tuned....
Cheers,

Tobe
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Next a dual band MiTo eh. Jeti watch out.
Excellent pal. 👍
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

At last....freezing like h*** but with perfect weather I gotta test fly a test board I have made based on LoRa and it worked flawless w/o any issues. Would have liked to test a few different settings but at -10 degC....
The system is based on commercial available RF-boards which I have mated with a custom board to get a suitable Rx
This the Rx, full 8 channels-Top view
This the Rx, full 8 channels-Top view
This the Rx, full 8 channels-Bottom view
This the Rx, full 8 channels-Bottom view
and a Tx module
This is Tx Rf-module, here showed in my test rig connected to an old JR X-3810
This is Tx Rf-module, here showed in my test rig connected to an old JR X-3810
LoRa frequency is fully software defined which allows the same software to be used all the way thru the allowed segments with just changing the settings in the software.
For the purpose I have put together a simple sketch for each unit Rx & Tx to work with, but already includes a few safety details like a basic F/S and the possibility to set it to the lowest output for a range check...
LoRa opens for quite many possibilities like in a 2-way communication the output of the Tx can adjusted continuously depending on the condition thank to a well evolved RSSI or “Received Signal Strength Indicator,” which tells the Tx how well the Rx receives the signal which could be ground to only transmit at lowest practical output.
Still a long way to go but at least it's airborne!
Most LoRa modules are not 5v tolerant which calls for voltage divider and a shifter as it's recommended to run them at 16 Mhz and this calls for 5v if an Atmega88 processor is used like I do.
Cheers,

Tobe