Skyleader Prototpes

Single to Multi propo
Mike_K

Skyleader Prototpes

Post by Mike_K »

I've been lucky enough to get a couple of Skyleader prototypes, an SLX and a Clubman from the estate of an ex Skyleader employee.

The SLX has a few differences to later SLX sets, it has a sprung toggle switch for the "buddy box", is seven channels, has a Skyleader SL circuit board and no internal charging transformer. Later SLX were all 6 channel and had an internal battery charger transformer, it's type of a hybrid between an SL and a SLX.
Skyleader_SLX_Prototype_small.jpg

The Clubman prototype doesn't even say Clubman on the badge, it's the same badge as a Skyleader SL. There's no "buddy box" switch either but does have a Clubman circuit board, charging transformer and the black Kraft Hayes joysticks, again a type of hybrid SL and Clubman.
Skyleader_Clubman_Prototype.jpg

They have both been used, and there's still castor fuel residue on both, so they were obviously working prototypes, but we are too late to ask the former owner about their history
stuart mackay

Re: Skyleader Prototpes

Post by stuart mackay »

Great find, Mr Skyleader...er sorry, Mr Kitchen! :D :D :D
Wayne_H

Re: Skyleader Prototpes

Post by Wayne_H »

I'm sure you were right Stuart - Mr. K has so many tx's I'd bet they have spilled over into Mrs Kitchen's kitchen (at the very least, the Skyleader tx's anyway :lol: )
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)