Simprop Alpha 2007

Single to Multi propo
stuart mackay

Simprop Alpha 2007

Post by stuart mackay »

Some of you will remember my post on the Simprop SSM and the conversion of one example I had to 2.4GHz and the Youtube video I made at the time.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=952&hilit=Simprop
I have been keeping my eyes and ears to the ground to find its successor and thanks to a contact in Germany, a lovely 8 (?) channel transmitter and matching 7 channel receiver has now found its way to Swaffham Aircraft Works!

It appears to have aileron and throttle trims deleted on the stick units and replaced by rotary numbered pots on the transmitter facia. The rate switches are the red toggle switches with a couple of adjustment pots located on the fascia.

It still oozes the Simprop build quality and clearly has a bit more bling, such as chrome plated stick bezels and proper meter instead of a flashing LED on it compared to the SSM. Maybe this was a result of the increasing popularity of the Japanese sets of the same era?

Also it has a vac formed protector fitted over the encoder board and taped in place, something I have not seen before on my Digi 5 and SSM.

It is in wonderful condition with no signs of the dreaded corrosion that can affect aluminium cased transmitters.

Will keep this original as I have a good stock of the exceptional Simprop Contest servos to test it with once the Tx batteries have been replaced

Happy Bunny, just need to find a Simprop 1 to complete the Simprop transmitter collection now! :D :roll:

Simprop Alpha 2007
Simprop Alpha 2007
Simprop Alpha 2007
Simprop Alpha 2007
RaymondvM

Re: Simprop Alpha 2007

Post by RaymondvM »

Hello Stuart et all,
Lately I converted a 5 channel Alpha 2007 to 2.4
Used Phil’s 7CH strongboard decoder (I enjoy all the MZ goodies!!) and the IrangX 4 Plus HF module, which I flattened and placed in the right side-cover. The buzzer, with tranny and the rates pot, I soldered directly on a header, and slided them onto the Strongboard.
I removed the old wiring and the plastic 40mm draintube holding the batteries, but kept the old PCB.
Below some pictures.
IMG_0490.jpeg
IMG_0491.jpeg
IMG_0492.jpeg
IMG_0493.jpeg
Stew

Re: Simprop Alpha 2007

Post by Stew »

Lucky devil! very nice set. Not easy to find!

Enjoy

Stew.