My conversions & scratch builds

Single to Multi propo
_AL_

My conversions & scratch builds

Post by _AL_ »

Just a couple of pics of my growing fleet of old or scratch built propo radios. All of these are using Arduino & Phil's 7 channel sketch.

The single stick black radio has a hand built aluminium case & has 2 propo channels + throttle on a switch, S/C button & adjustable switched endpoint/ expo. This was my first attempt at a home built radio with a lot of help from Phil & originally used one of Phil's 2+1 encoders. Used to fly a 27" power glider which is a 50% version of an old Aeroflyte Capella.

The red one uses a commercial alloy case & is a simple 2 channel. Used to fly my Little V glider.

71 Kraft. 4 propo channel +1 channel on a switch & S/C button in the original button. Used regularly to fly a Chatterbox.

78 Kraft. 6 propo channels + 1 on a switch & set up with an S/C button + a remote S/C button to use buddy box style. This is almost finished & just needs to have the battery meter wired up & battery installed. Will be used to learn to fly S/C on the Tomboy.

"Aeroflyte" Sanwa 6 channel. Will be used to fly my old Aeroflyte Albatross 2.5m glider when I get around to recovering it.
Attachments
DSC_0434jpg_038.JPG
DSC_0432jpg_037.JPG
DSC_0429jpg_034.JPG
DSC_0427jpg_033.JPG
_AL_

Re: My conversions & scratch builds

Post by _AL_ »

I managed to pick up the soldering iron today & finished off a bunch of overdue projects, one of which was a long term plan for the Kraft 78. The plan was in basic terms to set up a single channel buddy box setup & I'm please to say it's all working nicely.

It's very simple thanks to Phil's 7ch sketch. The S/C button on the Kraft is wired parallel to a 3.5mm mono socket on the base.
The same wiring is set up on the single channel set (it's fully functional & I use it to fly my tomboy).

With the S/C radio turned off & a lead connecting the 2 radios, the S/C set now works as a remote S/C button on the Kraft.

I originally wanted this to learn S/C flying but I've managed to have dozens of S/C flights with the tomboy & very comfortable now. There is always a lot of interest in the S/C radio every time I fly so this one will be good to hand over & give anyone a try without much risk to the model or pride.

Al
Attachments
20190105_225314_resized.jpg
20190105_225306_resized.jpg
20190105_225223_resized.jpg
20190105_225047_resized.jpg
Stew

Re: My conversions & scratch builds

Post by Stew »

They look great. Love the little Aeroflyte. Never seen one of those before. Tidy little thing.