More Skyleaders

Single to Multi propo
Mike_K

Re: More Skyleaders

Post by Mike_K »

Phil_G wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 17:05 Hi Mike, your v12 is a different board to the ESP-01. The ESP-01 is the tiny board thats very popular, its 8-pin header only has a couple of GPIO's, plus the ones used for serial, the processors ADC pin isnt brought out to the header:
Thanks Phil. I only looked at the pin out for the ESP-12e I'd bought and assumed they'd make the ADC pin available on all versions. I've ordered a couple of the ESP-01 to have a play with when I get home, I'm currently sunning myself in Mauritius with the family.
Mike_K

Re: More Skyleaders

Post by Mike_K »

Martin wrote: 31 Oct 2018, 13:06 I've read that the ESP32 analogue inputs are noisy, non-linear, and vary from one chip to the next, so maybe it's best to avoid using those unless and until Espressif sort out the problem. :cry:
Hi Martin. I read similar reports on a number of forums, but it would appear that the issues are related to the Arduino IDE implementation and people are happily using the ADC using other IDE. Hopefully they will be fixed in future Arduino builds, if not already fixed. Also some people are trying to measure absolute voltages and are not taking into account the +/-6% tolerance for the internal voltage reference. As we'd always have to calibrate the joysticks I think the ESP32 look to have enormous potential once the ESP32 Arduino IDE matures a bit more. But having had a quick read through the data sheet (all 666 pages of it), the second core is provided for use when in a low power, semi sleep mode so that peripherals can be monitored when the main core is asleep, it isn't very powerful or much use in a transmitter encoder application. The ESP32 has proper hardware controlled PWM outputs, so hopefully can generate a cppm output for a FrSky DIY module, or digital output for a multi protocol module, even when Wi-Fi is being used. I'll definitely try an ESP32.in my next project.