Digifleet Custom 3 questions

Single to Multi propo
RalphJ

Digifleet Custom 3 questions

Post by RalphJ »

image.jpg
Just got this rather nice Digifleet Custom 3 for use with my vintage models. Unfortunately I don't have the manual for it though and can't find anything on the internet. Can anyone tell me what the various switches do? Secondly, I saw an old advirt from the time that said it was available with either a NiCd pack or PP7 battery. From this I presume the battery pack needed would be 9.6v. Is that right? Thanks.
Carl

Re: Digifleet Custom 3 questions

Post by Carl »

I have a manual (came with an unused set) and will scan tomorrow.

It looks like the two short levers either side of the meter are rates switches, and reduce the servo movement by 50%. The left switch controls ch 1 or 4 and the right switch ch 2. Mine doesn't have the switch on the top, so not sure what that would be on yours. The instructions do refer to a 2-way switch and a 3-way switch, so it might be one of them. Glancing through I didn't see the voltage specified.
Carl

------------------------------------
STILL LEARNING
Carl

Post by Carl »

Forgot I also have PRO 7 with extra switches and buttons.

instructions for the Custom III say:

The central lever is ch 5 (flaps)
The 2-way switch to the right of the aerial is ch 6 (retract)
The 3-way switch to the left of the aerial is ch 7 (auxiliary)

"Super models" have a yellow button top left and a white button top right which the instructions say are "roll buttons" - so I assume these are the same on my PRO 7.

There is an additional switch on the top to the right end, can't wee what that's for.
Carl

STILL LEARNING
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Carl wrote: 01 Jan 2019, 23:07 There is an additional switch on the top to the right end, can't wee what that's for.
Could it be for a buddy box? :?

Paul
RalphJ

Post by RalphJ »

Many thanks Carl - that all makes sense now. No throttle cut switch then - that could get interesting!
Carl

Post by Carl »

Here are the instructions scanned. 20p - did you really have to pay for the instructions back then? Funny now you can purchase something that only has about one page of instructions, but you end up with a printed book covering dozens of languages.

Page 1, 2 and 3 and on side 2
Page 4, 5 and front on side 1

(just the way the instruction leaflet is laid out and folded.
digifleet custom III side 1.jpg
digifleet custom III side 2.jpg
Carl

STILL LEARNING
RalphJ

Post by RalphJ »

Coo... seems I've got the deluxe version then! That's brilliant Carl - really decent of you. I had no idea you could adjust the servo throws. That will help a lot.
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Ralph

If you ever need to fix you Digifleet, I've attached the service manual for the Custom III and XP/FM with all the circuit diagrams and schematics for the transmitter, receiver, servos and even the speed controller. I've also attached the user manual as a 6 page pdf, rather than the pull out sheet format of the original - I find it easier to read.

Cheers

Mike
Attachments
Digifleet Custom III Operating Instructions.pdf
(13.22 MiB) Downloaded 163 times
Digifleet_FM_Service_Manual.pdf
(23.39 MiB) Downloaded 155 times
RalphJ

Post by RalphJ »

Sorry Mike - only just saw your post. Could have done with that service manual yesterday - I see it originally took an 8.4v NiCd pack - which is annoying as I just made up a 9.6v pack for it! I've hit some problems with the circuit board which was badly corroded from a dead dry battery in the past. Cleaned it up and found two broken tracks on the pcb which I've bridged. Hopefully it will work now. Confidence in it somewhat dented though.
image1a.jpg