Kraft single stick

Single to Multi propo
jef

Kraft single stick

Post by jef »

I have a converted a kraft single stick with an arduino encoder from Phil Green and everything works but I have the impression that the movement of the 2 servo's are limited :?:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8_3ASxminU
Regards Jef
Phil_G

Re: Kraft single stick

Post by Phil_G »

Hi Jeff, once its been calibrated the encoder outputs the standard 1000-2000uS with rates turned off.
I dont see the rates & expo pots, are they internal? Its behaving like the rates pot is turned down.
Otherwise...
Are they the original servos? Could they be expecting a wider signal? How does it perform on a new servo? The throttle servo looks more modern and seems to have full movement?
Try calibrating without the trims, ie leave the trims central, dont move them. This will give a bit more movement as the trims will be additional to the 1000-2000.
You could check that the pots are wired correctly, pos, signal, neg - including the rates & expo pots.
Cant think of anything else at the moment.... :D
Cheers
Phil
PS I'd forgotten yours was a 3ch without rates and expo pots Jef. In that case its probably the mpx servos that expect a wider signal. Try the calibration without trims (keep them central) as that will give you more movement.
Cheers
Phil
jef

Post by jef »

Thanks for the quick reply Phil , I don't have rates and expo pots , I asked you to program it just for basic 3 channels , I have also a Robbe terratop converted with a similar arduino encoder for 3 channels and it seems to work just fine , the only different are another brand servo's , these are 2 original MPX , for gas I use a Hitec , I will try some other servo's first .
Regards Jef
jef

Post by jef »

Thanks again Phil
jef

Post by jef »

After some more playing with the sticks and trims for the calibration , I found out that when I only use the trims to calibrate , the movment of the servo's is much wider , odd :?

Cheers , Jef
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

If they're separate trim pots that you've had to wire in, I would calibrate just the stick alone leaving all the trims central. Excessive values in the trim pots can take up a greater proportion of the overall movement than the usual 10%. Centre all trims, calibrate, & you should get full movement. Let us know how you get on Jef ;)
Cheers
Phil