Space Commander

Single to Multi propo
MaxZ

Space Commander

Post by MaxZ »

There is a guy from Belgium selling a 1971 "G45 Space Commander" tranny. Does not mean anything to me, but who knows, it might be highly collectable:
https://www.modelbouwforum.nl/threads/v ... er.268686/
GarydNB

Re: Space Commander

Post by GarydNB »

My first ever radio set.....yellow frequency flag 27.145 MHz! If I wasn't considering selling up I'd have a go at that.....
MelD

Post by MelD »

I had one of these in about 1978. It was green as were the servos and receiver. Bought it used for a good price. Worked well until a wire broke and it flew away. Wonder of wonders someone found the plane and brought it back to the flying field and it was sitting there next to my toolbox when we gave up looking for it and returned to pack up. Never trusted it again....,
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

One of the guys in my Club (the Macquarie Aircraft Radio Signalers - aka the Men from MARS :lol: ) was importing them into Oz for a while, as I recall from about '75. They were all green versions, although I do remember seeing a red version which apparently had been imported directly from the Orient. Australia was still flying R/C on 27Mhz then, like the rest of the world, so such 'imports' were simple.
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
MaxZ

Post by MaxZ »

Hah, Port Macquarie (assuming it is the same place), one of the few places I have ever been to in Australia. I was there while holidaying from NZ where I was living at the time (1985). Happy times....
As a coincidence it featured in Michael Portillo's "Great Australian Railway Journeys", yesterday on the telly :)

Cheers,
Max.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Never seen the green versions only the red ones in the UK.

Shaun.
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

....you mean that's missing in your collection?
Quite disappointing....
Cheers,

Tobe
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

:D
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

And there are yellow and grey ones! So that's red, green, yellow and grey. Are there any more colours out there?

space_commander.jpg
space_commander.jpg (26.19 KiB) Viewed 3485 times