Japanese source for old vintage proportinal transmitters etc (for conversion).

Single to Multi propo
Bo Edstrom

Japanese source for old vintage proportinal transmitters etc (for conversion).

Post by Bo Edstrom »

Hi,

I have known for long time that Japanese auction sites contain much RC stuff, like complete old radios from the past or just transmitter etc. But I never bothered really to get anything since the sites was not avaliable in english before (many years ago). Recently I thought I may check if some Japanese auction sites have the site in english and if it was possible to bid on some old RC stuff (I live in Europe).

You may know of https://www.jauce.com (I did not know about it before). I registered there and was then able to search the Yahoo Japan site in english (that I think is the most interesting for me).

If you seek old vintage proportional radios it is a rather good source, I think. It will cost for transaction, storage and shipping of course, so a radio bought this way may be expensive, before You have it at Your doorstep.
I have bid and won some old radios (Digiace, Futaba, Digicon) that I have stored at jauce now and it is ready to be shipped to me. I always wanted a Digicon (preferably from early 1970s, before 1974-75) and I was able to find one in OK condition, that I will convert with new encoder board and 2.4 GHz module, and new battery.

It is some good old Japanese radio brands that You can find complete radios or transmiters for over here.
Futaba of course, but Sankyo, Digicon (Digi Flight), OS, Digiace, Hinode etc is often found, some new in box, most used, some wreck. For purpuse to rebuild with new encoder board (like Phil Greens 7 ch encoder board or Ron Ellis 8 ch encoder board) and new 2.4 GHz RF module a transmitter can almost be a wreck as long as sticks and pots are OK.
Some sellers of very rare radios are collectors I have seen (it has been photos of part of sellers collection in background of the radio that is avertised) and then the radio can have a very high start price (bid) tag.
Have the Yen to $ (or whatever is your currency) conversion clear in mind so You do not rush and make a higher then intened bid(s). It is possible to make "Snipe" bid. Payment is via Paypal (at least I have that).

The description of an item can be translated to english. The translation is rather funny sometimes I have seen, but one usually get the point what the seller try to inform about.

I have seen some very rare and odd Single Channel radios that I have never seen elsewhere. For example it was some odd Hinode S/C I saw some days ago, very strange transmitter.

Even if one do not intend to bid and get anything it can be fun to just see old vintage radios here and there from the past.

Just thought I mention this in case someone else would be interested.
...bay has much of course but Japanese ...bay is not avaliable for non Japanese folks.

When You search on a brand or model of radio You can do it by typing desired word in search field,
or You can click down manually in meny to the left like:
First select blue tab "Yahoo Japan auctions", then select link "Hobby & Culture", then "Hobby R/C", then "Propo" (if You are interested in radios), it is possible to refine even more by open that and select
for exampel "Transmitters" if You are interested only in that. Sometimes a seller has placed his radio for sale on not expected place so to find such radios one need to search rather broad.

/Bo