12 Months Of New Acquistitions.

Single to Multi propo
iflylilplanes

12 Months Of New Acquistitions.

Post by iflylilplanes »

Got a call, He said I have some old RC gear, lf you would like it, come and get it, or, I will dump it. I was there the next day, 2 x 4 channel Conquests and a 7 channel, just the transmitters, receivers, one switch harnes and a charger (no batteries) but, still in the original boxes. Thanks Chris.

I have fitted one of the 4 channels and the 7 channel with new Ni-MH transmitter packs (they work great) and started assembling the sets to have complete flight equipment (full compliment of servos and flight packs). These sets are on 36MHz FM so conversion wont be necessary as 36MHz FM is still current and still used here in OZ

My next acquistition is a Futaba FP-6DN, not in good condition, but recoverable (a future 2.4Ghz conversion). Thanks Ken. It came with the 2 channel trasmitter I will use for parts.

The next transmitter that came into my possession is a FP-4DN, a club mate gave it to me, it's in good condition and will be my next project with the Digispark 2.4Ghz conversion. Thans Gordon.

Two weeks ago I spied an add on RC Trader for a number of transmitters and bits, all 36Mhz FM, in the number of TX's was this.....

An FP-T7FG/K, I've wanted one since they first released back in the 1970's, I know the seller, called him, and now it's mine with 9 receivers and a charger and a lot of servos (not all in working condition). The TX I think, has been converted from 29Mhz to 36Mhz FM, as the 29Mhz module came with the TX. It's complete, the antenna is undamaged, the cover is in place over the controls on the back and the battery charged up. Tested, I found everything works, not bad for $40.

I also picked up 3 x FlySky 2.4Ghz modules from my LHS for $5 each, they don't go into any of the car radios I'm told, they came with two ER9X transmitters, I will use them for parts as well.

That's the last 12 months, looking forward to the next.
Last edited by iflylilplanes on 09 Mar 2020, 05:27, edited 14 times in total.
Cheers,

Dave
iflylilplanes

Re: 12 Months Of New Acquistitions.

Post by iflylilplanes »

BTW, I have one of the Conquest FP-4NLG transmitters with receiver in the original box, the foam incert/holder is damaged, but the transmitter is safe. It works, the battery holder has been modified by the original owner for a battery pack, not the original 8 individual cells.

Wayne H. you have first refusal, it's excess to my colection, I don't need it. As it is on OZ 36Mhz FM, it should stay in Australia, domestic freight only is all I'm asking, international freight would be too high for the size of the box.
Cheers,

Dave
Wayne_H

Re: 12 Months Of New Acquistitions.

Post by Wayne_H »

Jeez Dave, you did score well for the year👌 8-) - Top job mate ;)

Thanks for your generous offer, I'll grab that Conquest tx if I may - please send me a text or PM with what I owe you when you are ready. My postal address (P.O. Box) is still the same.

We are about to move at long last - the removalists pack Monday & Tuesday then deliver Thursday. I was working on the hangar when they came to the house to see about the job - Personally, I suspect they freaked when they saw my modelling & computer stuff, then went all feint when they saw all the building supplies and associated paraphernalia filling the double garage :shock: . If it all goes 'according to Hoyle', we'll be shot of the rental dump we're in by Friday evening with bond in hand. Saturday in the new (temporary) digs then off to work in NZ again on Sunday, just for the week this time.

No retro R/C or modelling for this lil black duck for a few more weeks yet :cry:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)