KeilKraft invader build

They stay up by magic!
glyn

Re: KeilKraft invader build

Post by glyn » 17 Jan 2020, 18:32

Hi
I forgot to enter my wobbly winged Invader earlier last year, so here it is now. Mechanism is nicked off Ron as are the wing tubes and joiner.. thanks Ron. It’s not quite finished in the photo but it is now and it is a terrific flyer. All moving wings have a different feel to them when flying but are not in the least twitchy and in this case easier to build than twin rudders and a dihedral elevator
Hope you like it!
invader.jpeg
Last edited by glyn on 17 Jan 2020, 18:45, edited 2 times in total.

glyn

Post by glyn » 17 Jan 2020, 18:35

Thanks for sorting out the photo Phil
Last edited by glyn on 17 Jan 2020, 20:34, edited 1 time in total.

Phil_G

Post by Phil_G » 17 Jan 2020, 18:56

Sorted Glyn! I really like the 'wingeron' idea as theres nothing at all at the rear - no rudder, no elevator, no hinges, no pushrods = no weight :D I've only used it on the Lidl Glider but it really is an eye-opener, very positive control and so easy to do.
On a separate note I need to tap you about the Wasserkuppe Glyn, who to talk to, rules & regs, arrangements & such... I'm planning a campervan trip this year!
Cheers
Phil

glyn

Post by glyn » 17 Jan 2020, 20:29

Lucky you hope you do it!
There were no rules as such, just see the guy supervising the model flying, usually at the top of the slope and pay your 5 euro and that’s it. I think he asked for my BMFA insurance but I can’t remember exactly. I think there’s a website for more info.
Check the Museum out too... fantastic!
Germany seems to like model flyers...

Thanks for uprighting the Invader.