Ahi freestyle sloper

They stay up by magic!
jmendoza

Ahi freestyle sloper

Post by jmendoza »

This is the latest from Mike Richter of Dream Flight in Goleta California. It does maneuvers we don't have names for, and is not only highly aerobatic, but very easy to fly. I painted mine like the rails of a surfboard in fluorescent orange, it's a Goldfish!
Jay

PS as Martin says below, they cost $130.00 USD, pricey, but worth it. The quality, completeness and instructions are all top shelf. If you don't paint it, you can be flying one in a couple hours. The radio took longer to set-up that assembling the plane! Turn off the snap flaps and it's a docile aileron ship, flip them on and anything goes. :D
Ahi.JPG
Last edited by jmendoza on 09 Jul 2018, 17:10, edited 1 time in total.
Martin

Re: Ahi freestyle sloper

Post by Martin »

I've flown one. They are indeed wonderful and perform maneuvers that you'd think were impossible - especially when there's not much wind and flying speed is relatively slow.

They're slightly pricey - but the design and finish is excellent, so you can see what you're paying for, and (in my opinion) they're worth the money.
RON
Site Admin

Post by RON »

It’s a ceiling tile

Ron
G0MBV Class A Radio Amateur, North Yorkshire
Igull

Post by Igull »

Ron wrote: 09 Jul 2018, 19:42 It’s a ceiling tile
LOL, Ahi is a nice model (I have their weasel/trek and libelle) - just as nice and pricey as the Aroso from Sebald Modelbau. I did a DIY job on one - flies REALLY nicely - mainly 3mm depron and a 3mm liteply crutch. Great for beach flying up here.

https://sebald-modellbau.de/index.php/aroso/aroso-st

Neil
RON
Site Admin

Post by RON »

Igull wrote: 10 Jul 2018, 16:43

LOL, Ahi is a nice model
It is a very nice model but it’s still a ceiling tile :D

PS Hope I don’t offend anyone but it’s just my view on Depron and the like models. They do have their place though.

Ron
G0MBV Class A Radio Amateur, North Yorkshire