The 'Mode-zero Goblin' a simple S/C or intermediate glider

They stay up by magic!
Igull

Re: The 'Mode-zero Goblin' a simple S/C or intermediate glider

Post by Igull »

Finished doing a full set of parts at lunchtime - haven't had time to do a costing yet and I'll be away on vacation for a few days from tomorrow. Probably be after Tuesday next week before I can start sending them out.
Here's a pic of all the parts for the kit - only some 1.5mm balsa for the top/bott fuselage skins and a bit of block for the nose is required hardware wise. There should easily be sufficient stripwood in there, but I'll do a quick build before sending them out to make certain :D

mz goblin parts.jpg

Cheers

Neil
Last edited by Igull on 01 Aug 2018, 14:43, edited 1 time in total.
Igull

Post by Igull »

Ron wrote: 01 Aug 2018, 12:45 Put me down for one Neil
Yes, you were on anyway :lol:
Igull

Re: Recreating the Irvine Pixie S/C or intermediate glider

Post by Igull »

Ron wrote: 24 Jul 2018, 16:29 I’ve always just set them to the datum line, zero degrees, never had any problems with impala, soarcerer, little V. It only uses the power to climb up to altitude then glide down anyway.
I just came across this while enjoying a glass of GN and browsing through YouTube as you do ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CcubPJP5hy0

Achtung, es ist auf Deutsch :-)

This guy was flying single channel on what is essentially a full-sized aircraft , so he must be right (fake news :-) )

Maybe not fake news, but the thrust line looked around 0/0 to me :-)

Just shows that Ron must be right this time (warning, warning fake news :mrgreen: )

Cheers

Neil
GeeW

Post by GeeW »

Neil
Please put my name down for a MZ Goblin.

Regards

Gordon
Igull

Post by Igull »

GeeW wrote: 02 Aug 2018, 19:15 Neil
Please put my name down for a MZ Goblin.
Done :D

Just about finished the kits this evening after a hectic weekend away, should be done by Thursday at the latest hopefully. I've also assembled the major parts and everything seems to fit just fine - double root ribs sanded gives at least 110mm at the tips - maybe a couple of gussets in the corner at the dihedral breaks might be a good idea, I'll double check Phil's pix to see if they had any - there's plenty of waste to do that anyway.

Cheers

Neil
Igull

Post by Igull »

Hi All
I 've finally finished a batch of Goblin part kits, which includes all the stripwood and notched TE & LE's plus all the parts as shown in the previous pic all enclosed in a nice laser cut and labelled cardboard box :D
Price for MZ folks is £32.00 plus shipping which is either £3.00 - no signature or £3.80 with signature - your choice. This is via Hermes, so it takes a couple of days (Royal Mail are about double the price). The boxes are a 'medium parcel' size and 200g, hence the cost.
Anyone who would like one, please email me at ...

neil@igull.co.uk

Include your paypal address and I'll send you a paypal invoice, that way I should get all the correct address details.
I can't take cheques, only paypal, sorry (my online bank hasn't handled cheques for years :D ) - I can accept BACS of course - just ask for the details.
Those that have reserved one, please also email me - I have five left outwith those that reserved theirs.
If in the unlikely event that they all get sold, any future 'part kits' will only include the laser cut parts.
Cheers
Neil
glyn

Post by glyn »

Hi, I have recently finished my Goblin and I had hoped to send some pictures post first flight but alas it is still unflown due to the weather. Here it is anyway!
It’s built from Neil’s full kit with the Famous Phil wing tip mod. It’s quite cute I think and it has no auto pitch trimming device fitted... yet!
4A550FBD-D33A-4A47-823B-EEBFDE5F143D.jpeg
Igull

Post by Igull »

Well Glyn, it looks exceptionally nice !
I have a thing for nice 'models' - rather than scale models that is - I'm wondering if you're stealing Ron's colour schemes 'tho :D
Think this is the first one past the post ??
Wonder if there will be a quarter scale version at Ponte :roll:
What's the covering on the wing BTW, it almost looks translucent ?

Neil
_AL_

Post by _AL_ »

Very nice.
glyn

Post by glyn »

Hi Neil and Al thanks for the nice comments. The wing covering is Oralight transparent white which isn’t quite transparent!! Looks a bit like doped tissue if you squint.
I get it from Hyperflight.
Yes Ron and I developed the colour scheme mainly by sharing the cost of the film.. half a sheet each! Every little bit helps!

Cheers