Slope Soaring Flight Sim

They stay up by magic!
Carl

Re: Slope Soaring Flight Sim

Post by Carl »

If ever you wanted to try FPV then there is an onboard camera. I tried it and yikes :shock: There's also a camera that follows behind the model which isn't so scary :)
Carl

------------------------------------
STILL LEARNING
Carl

Post by Carl »

Contrary to the title of this thread this is not just a slope soaring flight sim. There are a few powered models and powered gliders which can be flown from flat fields and parks.

You can create your own models too - or edit existing ones. I do have a mini WOT4 (purchased at half price) to put together for spring and would like to flight sim that but it seems a lengthy process. So what I've done instead is produce a half-sized Jackdaw which is kinda similar ;) I'm assuming it's the FROG Jackdaw. I set a few parameters: Size = 0.5; Mass = 0.33; Engine 0.66; Drag = 0.33 and hand launch rather than take off from the ground. Works a treat 8-) and definitely different to flying the full size Jackdaw.

By the way I'm running this on Windows 10 with a transmitter connected as a joystick
Carl

STILL LEARNING
NeilMac

Post by NeilMac »

Carl wrote: 03 Mar 2019, 19:39 By the way I'm running this on Windows 10 with a transmitter connected as a joystick
Looks like I have an interesting project for the next rainy day this week (that is, every day this week). I will attempt to get my little laptop to download and run picasim, as it runs Windows 10.
"I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game"
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Forgot to mention, it worked no problem on my win 10 laptop. No additional s/w required.

Shaun.
NeilMac

Post by NeilMac »

Got it loaded onto the laptop, managed to get it to see my flight sim TX and also to calibrate it in joystick, but I don't seem to be able to get the sim to see the joystick.

I'm obviously doing something wrong, I just can't figure out what.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I set mine to keyboard but there is an option in settings for a selection of controller types..

Cheers,

Shaun
Carl

Post by Carl »

NeilMac wrote: 04 Mar 2019, 12:14 Got it loaded onto the laptop, managed to get it to see my flight sim TX and also to calibrate it in joystick, but I don't seem to be able to get the sim to see the joystick.

I'm obviously doing something wrong, I just can't figure out what.
Click on the settings icon (the sprocket) then click on "Joystick" at the far top right.

You then map the joystick (or tx) - you'll find that joystick 0 = channel 1; joystick 1 = channel 2 and so on.

Starting with joystick 0/channel 1 move the "Map to" to select what it controls, so for ailerons it'll be "Roll" or for rudder "yaw"

Next step is to calibrate:

Make sure the stick is centred and click "Press when centred"
Hold stick to left and click "Press when left or down"
Hold stick to right and click "Press when right or up"

Do this for each of the channels you'll use, click back and you should be good to go
Carl

STILL LEARNING
NeilMac

Post by NeilMac »

Sorted, thank you.

I had forgotten to allocate the function of the sticks.

It works great on my laptop... which is a first, most programmes work so slowly it is painful, this works fine.
F2B

Post by F2B »

Guess what... :P
I noticed two non-RC models in the list:
F2B or not to be....
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

How spooky, just about to post has anybody flown the control line models yet?.. pretty realistic...

In fact I'm that impressed I'm going to donate...

Shaun