Big Orange - Model ID?

They stay up by magic!
NeilMac

Big Orange - Model ID?

Post by NeilMac »

Today I drove the Ottery St Mary to pick up a large slope soarer which I bought for £28.00 on ebay.

The model is all wood construction, the fuselage is part sheeted and part former and stringer. Wingspan is a touch over 3 metres and the wing tips have very slight dihedral, one tip won't at present attach, as a degree of brutality was visited upon the poor thing at some time, the other tip was stuck, but a little penetrating oil soon had it free and five minutes work on the steel locating rods had it refitted. It is three channel, with each aileron having its own servo and the rudder and elevator servos being mounted within the cavernous fuselage.

The plan is a complete recovering, probably in the same colour scheme, repairing the few bits of damaged sheeting in the area of the nose, and to get it up to Crook Peak as soon as I feel I have the skills not to turn it into instant matchwood.

So, does anyone recognise the design, or even the model, a label in the cabin seems to indicate it previously lived in Kingsbridge, Devon, the chap I bought it from had got it from a local auction some while ago along with eight other models.
DSC_0003.JPG
DSC_0008.JPG
"I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game"
GeeW

Re: Big Orange - Model ID?

Post by GeeW »

Wa22 Super Javelot
NeilMac

Post by NeilMac »

Brilliant, thank you.
NeilMac

Post by NeilMac »

I need a set of plans, as the level of damage inside the wing means I have to make at least two new ribs, the only plans I have found so far are for a 4.6m wingspan version and they are £35 from Sarik!

However, I have found a copy of RC Model World June 2017 where the WA22 was featured, so I will see what info I can glean from that, I will also look at the canopy and see if I can't make a new one that looks more scale and does not need 15 screws to hold it in place.