Banggood is selling an alternative to Lidl gliders

They stay up by magic!
ozrs

Re: Banggood is selling an alternative to Lidl gliders

Post by ozrs »

I followed Phil and Martins LIDL example to convert the BANGGOOD CHEETAH to RC with wingerons.

Note: the Banggood Cheetah is not the same as the Bolt (1 m versus 1.2 m wingspan).

all up RTF about 180 grams.

Richard
Martin

Post by Martin »

Looks good, and should be nice and lively! The shorter wing will probably increase the roll rate, compared to the Lidl. I recommend having a rate switch that allows you to switch down to about 50% throws for the first flight.
Martin

Post by Martin »

My Banggood gliders that I ordered on July 2 still haven't arrived. The tracking information shows them arriving in the UK at the end of July, and no movement since.

2019-07-31 12:25:44 Arrived at destination (Hayes Service Centre - GBR)
2019-07-29 09:50:27 Arrived at sort facility (Hong Kong (warehouse))

I'll give it a few more days before assuming they've been lost or stolen - and then I'll try chasing Banggood again. :roll:
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

ozrs wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 11:36 I followed Phil and Martins LIDL example to convert the BANGGOOD CHEETAH to RC with wingerons.
all up RTF about 180 grams.
Looking great Richard ;) Any chance of a picture or two of the wing root setup? - Interested in the pivot point & CofG, and also the drive train you've used. Ta mate :)
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
ozrs

Post by ozrs »

Hi Wayne

some pics:
The pivot point is at 1/3 chord or 36 mm from LE.
the control point is 7mm from LE (29 mm from pivot).
wing.jpg
2 x servos taped together.
9g-servos.jpg
servos slide into fuse.
servos.jpg
ply firewall with bamboo pins.
Firewall.jpg
motor is a 1306 3100kv (I cut off the ally 5 mm prop shaft and replaced the 2 mm shaft with a longer one).
1306---3100kv.jpg
Specs:

fuz 43.0g (orig) to 41.8g (w firewall & hollowed)
wing 37.2g (orig) to 45.1g (w tubes & spar)
canopy 2.7g (orig) to 2.7g (w magnet & hollowed)
stab 6.7g

2x servos 21.5g (HXT 900)
RX 2.5g (R410)
Motor 13.4g (LD 1306 - 3100kv)
ESC 7.3g (6A)
Prop 8.4g (Graupner CAM 6x3 folder)
Batt 26.1g (2S 450mAh)

Notes:

I needed to add 6.6 g of lead in the tail to get it to balance on the wing pivot point. I would recommend placing the servos behind the wing pivot point (servos driving the wing from behind the pivot). This would allow the fuz to be hollowed for the battery to fit where my servos are. This should eliminate the need for tail weight.

After a couple of flight Friday and today, I am really impressed at how well it flies.
Richard
Martin

Post by Martin »

Martin wrote: 09 Aug 2019, 12:01 My Banggood gliders that I ordered on July 2 still haven't arrived. The tracking information shows them arriving in the UK at the end of July, and no movement since.

2019-07-31 12:25:44 Arrived at destination (Hayes Service Centre - GBR)
2019-07-29 09:50:27 Arrived at sort facility (Hong Kong (warehouse))

I'll give it a few more days before assuming they've been lost or stolen - and then I'll try chasing Banggood again. :roll:
I chased Banggood up after the tracking had showed no movement for over two weeks (apparently stuck in Hayes Service Centre), but they just fobbed me off and told me to wait longer. Still no movement now after another week has passed so I'm pretty confident now that they're lost. I'll give it till September till I chase Banggood again - it will then be over two months since I ordered the "in stock" gliders, and over a month since they arrived (never to depart?) at the Hayes Service Centre.
NeilMac

Post by NeilMac »

My last Banggood order consisted of a Z84 flying wing and a U-Glider, they were sent out as separate orders.

The Z84 arrived and the U-Glider was sent back apparently from HMRC for 'security reasons', I have no idea what that means, but the long dispatch delays and uncertain deliveries are enough to put me off placing further orders.
"I'm your huckleberry, that's just my game"
Martin

Post by Martin »

According to the tracking information, my parcel sat for an entire month at the Hayes Service Centre in London. This morning, I just checked the tracking data one final time before sending an email to Banggood - but the tracking information has now been updated! Apparently my parcel is now en-route to Nysa - which is in Poland! :lol:

I fired this email off to Banggood:
I've complained twice about this order before, and each time you told me to wait a little longer. It's now been over two months since I placed this order - and the item was shown as 'in stock' at the time.

The tracking information showed no movement at the Hayes Service Centre (London) for one whole month. Now the tracking information has been updated to say it's going to Nysa (Poland ?) I live in the UK - the parcel sat in the UK for a whole month and now it's been sent to Poland? You couldn't make this stuff up.

Please provide a full refund.
I fully expect to get the automated Chinglish, "please wait a little longer" response again. I'll let you know.
Martin

Post by Martin »

As expected, got this reply.
The latest logistics update of your order is within 3 days, and thus we believe that the parcel is still in transit. The tracking information of this order will be updated at important logistics stations or once it arrives in your country.

Would you mind waiting for one more week to see if you can receive this parcel?

Deliveries might be delayed due to unavoidable conditions, like slower customs clearance procedures or poor weather conditions.

If you still can not receive it, please do not hesitate to contact us. We will do our best to assist you in solving this issue.

Best regards,

Banggood Team
I've bought a lot of stuff from Banggood over the last few years, but I think this order may very well be the last one they ever get from me.
RON
Site Admin

Post by RON »

Martin
Your parcel has done more miles than my car :D
G0MBV Class A Radio Amateur, North Yorkshire