New mystery model

Anything with a propeller
tiptipflyer

Re: New mystery model

Post by tiptipflyer » 19 Aug 2019, 18:08

Thanks for your input and your ideas guys.
The forward fin location is the reason for sure, and an additional subfin will impove things also. But it is a classic model, one of the first kitted R/C models here in Germany and I will fly it as close to its original appearance as possible. Therefore I will not add a subfin or move the rudder further back.
I increased the rudder area with a transparent plastic part which is almost invisible in flight or from a short distance but works a treat. As you can see in the picture you have to look very closely to see it.
The model flies quite nicely now and I am pleased with its behavior.
SAM_3798.JPG
Frank

Igull

Post by Igull » 22 Aug 2019, 21:42

Jeez Frank, I need to frequent this forum more often, creepily, on my computer as I type is the plan for a Graupner Electra - almost finished drawing the parts for the wing and tail.
Yours looks exceptionally nice - graphics maketh the plane of course !
I'll need to visit again for inspiration :-))
Neil

Stew

Post by Stew » 24 Aug 2019, 10:18

What a good looking model! Is it just me or is there something very cool about the older Graupner models and radios?

tiptipflyer

Post by tiptipflyer » 24 Aug 2019, 14:49

Thanks guys.

Neil, inspiration is huge factor, I got tons of it in this forum. Everytime when I am on vacation I think up something new (or old) and return with new projects in mind. I just returned from a vacation and my head is full of new projects. I am just working on the wing of the Wagtail from your laser parts kit and lots of others in mind.

No it´s not just you Stew, I also find all the old models (not only Graupner) extremely cool.
That´s the reason I have so many of them and just building another two. And the high point is, when they are flown with a radio working like the original (S/C button, reeds or vintage propo).

Frank