Flying the pulstar

Anything with a propeller
GeeW

Re: Flying the pulstar

Post by GeeW »

Well done Carl, glad you now have it under control.
Regards
Gordon
tiptipflyer

Re: Flying the pulstar

Post by tiptipflyer »

Flight report of my Pulstar!
This mornimng, perfect weather, up it went.
C/G slightly behind the plan, 163g weight, 3x4.1" 4-blade prop.
It was flying not bad, just a little tail heavy, but controllable. I climbed in lefthand circles to avoid stalling it.
With motor off, glide was great, just slightly tail heavy. Motor to full power, lefthand wing over into a dive followed by 10 (ten) consecutive loops. The tail-heavieness makes a great aerobatic S/C performer. No problems with the wing strength. Its build according to plan using Neil´s kit, I just added two 3mm center ribs at the wing joint.
For the next flights I added 5g of weight into the nose. at 168g it is fying even better, another 10 consecutive loops.
For the third flight I added another 5g, it´s flying smoother now, easier for button operations, but loops are harder to perform.
For tomorrow I will add some downthrust to the motor and remove 5g again. I am sure it will perform great again.
I had no problems with the wing incidence, nothing needs to be changed. It is a great flying model when build to plan and the C/G just ahead of the plan, quite aerobatic too.

Thanks all of you guys, who made all this possible, I had a lot of fun this morning.
Pulstar3.JPG
Frank