Single Channel ‘jets’

Anything with a propeller
glyn

Re: Single Channel ‘jets’

Post by glyn »

Nice Go Jet Shaun, yes my Lightning is covered in film, Oralight silver with Oracover red trim. I didn't make a good job of it though. Looks OK from 20 feet away.
glyn

Post by glyn »

Sorry, it is 3s on a 8x4 prop. I think it may need more power.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

My colour scheme for the go jet was inspired by the old KeilKraft transfers.. ok wasn't really but sounds plausible eh; it was just the first coloured tissue I grabbed out of the box that went together.

For my lightning I was planning on around 300 watts of go on 3S... what spec motor did you use?

From past experience your " not a good job" would put it in the top 99% of models. :lol:

As Phil said, good to have you back on the forum and building again.

Shaun
Sundancer

Post by Sundancer »

I'd forgotten about the Go-Jet, like the look of that, might try to find the time for one as it is a "quickie" type build. My own 2x Frog Mamba certainly has jet-like flying qualities, but I don't think I would like to try it on rudder/throttle, it is aileron/AMT/throttle and on 180 watts goes like stink.
Attachments
Mamba2.jpg
Mamba1.jpg
Mamba1.jpg (10.8 KiB) Viewed 4065 times
glyn

Post by glyn »

Wow all the jets are coming out of the woodwork..very nice Mamba!

Shaun I have used a Waypoint E3008 30 in my Lightning I think it will use less than 300 watts and probably end up with a 9x4 prop.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Osborne also designed a smaller free flight sheet wing version of the lightning. That must have been the one Mark was flying at Old Warden. No reason why that couldn't be converted to rudder and throttle with e-power
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I was planning on a higher KV motor and 3 blade prop to keep the diameter down to around 7 or 8 "

There's also the P1174, I did 3 years ago the canard delta . Decant is another one and for multi the 362 or L'il Toad deltas.
MJF

Post by MJF »

Very much like your Lightning Glyn. You did a beautiful building and covering.
I just downloaded the Outerzone plan and then saw he recommended engine size and weights!!!!
A far cry from the single channel high wing floaty things I am used to.

Shaun you need to get moving on the article on this one. I already have an OS 15 or Tiger 23 lined up for the nose.

Love to see some flight videos.

Mike
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Hi Mike,
It will be a couple of months I guess maybe three before it hits the streets. Don't worry about the wing loading and motor, you will be able to fly it in higher wind speeds for sure.

Shaun
MJF

Post by MJF »

Well that ought to give me enough time to finish building my Senator. That along with the guy rowing the boat over to deliver the magazines to Canada should give me plenty of time.

Mike