Cardinal and Poppet and button Tx. Some pics as a test.

Anything with a propeller
Stew

Cardinal and Poppet and button Tx. Some pics as a test.

Post by Stew »

I just wanted to post some pictures of a couple of simple models I've nearly finished to show I'm not all mouth and no trousers. I apologise, I know these aren't single channel models, but this is just a test piece to try adding pictures.
The Poppet is nearly done, just wheels to fit properly and engine (Paw 55) to screw down and a few little bits and bobs to do. It will be flown as a bog standard Free Flight sport model. 'Flick n' Chuck'. I've not even bothered to put a DT on this one. I think this may be my 5th Poppet. They fly really well.

The Cardinal was going to be rudder only with a Tobe Adams clone, but I decided to keep it FF and I'll build something more appropriate for the little Tobe actuator. The Cardinal is much prettier than its rival, the Tomboy in my opinion, although I do have a soft spot for the Tomboy. I've built FF and RC versions in the past. The unspoken truth is they're actually tricky little buggers to build accurately.

Both models are covered in my usual traditional method of Esaki lite tissue, and normal shrinking dope. (I never use Mylar).

The Tx is a commercial case with Phil's emulator and a Frsky hack module.

Apologies for the Picture quality. I'm no David Bailey.
P1070814.JPG
P1070813.JPG
P1070812.JPG
P1070811.JPG
P1070810.JPG
MJF

Re: Cardinal and Poppet and button Tx. Some pics as a test.

Post by MJF »

Nice models and covering job Stew.

Your workbench is also very clean & neat. Mine is 16' long and I still have trouble finding building space!

By the way I have never seen any better photo postings than yours by David Bailey on this site :lol:

Mike F
Stew

Post by Stew »

I only cleaned up for the photos, when I'm mid-build it's an utter tip!
My workbench is home made so I could get it the right height for me as I build standing up (I'm 6' 3") and it has a 4' x 2' sheet of ply on the top. I could really do with another one right next to it. Maybe I'll get around to it this year. I've had builders block for ages but starting to pick up now.

Stew.
RON
Site Admin

Post by RON »

I like the tx, nice job.

Can I ask what the case is?

Ron
G0MBV Class A Radio Amateur, North Yorkshire
Stew

Post by Stew »

Hi Ron. It's not a patch on your efforts!!
The case is one you yourself pointed me to in another post when I was looking for hammered paint. Instead of pratting around with Hammerite I just bought one. I will be buying more! The hammer finish is very nice indeed.

http://www.timetravelaudio.co.uk/shop/c ... nclosures/
RON
Site Admin

Post by RON »

Hey, don’t put yourself down, thats a nice job, it’s inspiring me to build another tranny.
Ok on the case, it’s quite a good company that, I’ve never seen the hammerite ones in the flesh though, but they look very nice on their website. I fancy the copper hammered finish version.

Ron.
G0MBV Class A Radio Amateur, North Yorkshire
Stew

Post by Stew »

I did think about the copper one, but it reminded me too much of my parents nasty 80's hammered copper coffee table! Making visitors to the house snigger since 1982!
The finish of the hammered ones is really nice, I think you'll be very pleased.