DIY More Pro Mini Strong Mods?

Arduino projects on the go
hangflyer

DIY More Pro Mini Strong Mods?

Post by hangflyer »

Does anyone know what modifications need to be made to the new DIY More Pro Mini Strong boards? I assume that the Schottky diode needs to be shorted, but is there anything else that needs to be done? I seem to remember a thread on the singlechannellersreunited board, just before it shut down, but I didn't make any notes.

DIY Pro Mini Strong.jpg
DIY Pro Mini Strong.jpg (50.84 KiB) Viewed 2833 times

Many thanks for the help,

John
Longmont, Colorado
Phil_G

Re: DIY More Pro Mini Strong Mods?

Post by Phil_G »

hangflyer wrote: 05 Mar 2018, 23:54I assume that the Schottky diode needs to be shorted...
Hi John, I wouldnt assume anything without tracing it out. On the previous version of the DIY-More boards, the schottky was removed. On the Deek-Robots it was shorted. They're all different.
In either case the purpose of the mod is to provide a convenient 3-pin header with Neg, Battery v, and PPM, for the RF module.

On a Strong board I would put my PPM on the rx pin (D0) as per the others but the trick is modifying the adjacent 5v pin to make it behave as a battery-level output. I havent yet seen one of these new boards so I cant advise - it needs investigating properly, & not guessed - maybe someone else has already done the work?

I could do it if anyone has a spare board to send me, but I have a stash of 30+ DIY-Mores so didnt intend ordering Strongs for a good while.
Cheers
Phil

PS I notice in your photo, they've soldered the headers in wrongly again... Image

EDIT: Here you go:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=241
hangflyer

Post by hangflyer »

Good advice Phil! Thank you for the quick reply.

John
jmendoza

Post by jmendoza »

Phil,
I have several of the Pro Mini Strong boards here, but I think I got the 3.3 volt versions by mistake. I later realized the Pro Mini DIY-More boards you sent me had a 5 volt regulator.

I would be glad to send you one of my Pro Mini Strong boards to evaluate, and tell us how they can be used,
Jay

Oh, BTW, the boards come with the headers un-soldered.
hangflyer

Post by hangflyer »

Thanks Phil! Just what I was looking for.

John
jmendoza

Post by jmendoza »

Deleted