Diy pro mini uploading

Arduino projects on the go
chlluk

Diy pro mini uploading

Post by chlluk »

Hi all
Just trying to upload the reeduino script to a diy More 328 pro mini.
I'm using my USBasp device along with separate hook up cables to enable the process. I uploaded the blink script just to check out functionality and all's well,led is blinking away.When I try to upload the reeduino script i get error messages regarding broken pipes and memory errors. Any ideas.
Clive
Martin

Re: Diy pro mini uploading

Post by Martin »

Verify that you really have uploaded the blink sketch by changing the delays to make it blink faster or slower. Most Arduino boards come ready loaded with a blink sketch, so I always change the delays to make sure I really am uploading a fresh version of the sketch.
chlluk

Post by chlluk »

What target device do you select, I have tried a few different ones.
Clive
Martin

Post by Martin »

Try setting the Board: as "Arduino Pro or Pro Mini" and the Processor: as "ATmega328P (5V, 16MHz)" as shown in the screen capture below (click on image for larger view). If your board is the 8MHz type, then you should select "ATmega328P (3.3V 8MHz)" as the Processor type.

boardAndProcessor.png
FBMinis

Post by FBMinis »

Select USBAsp and Upload Using Programmer?
Martin

Post by Martin »

Yes - that's right: "Programmer:" should be set to USBasp, and then upload using programmer. By the way, I forgot to mention that the "Port" setting is irrelevant when using a USBasp programmer.