OLED display PPM tester

Arduino projects on the go
Martin

OLED display PPM tester

Post by Martin »

As far as I know, this one didn't make it across from the old forum. Someone on YouTube recently asked for the code so I thought I'd document the project here in case anyone wants further details.

[Edit: Original reposted here: viewtopic.php?p=4490#p4490 ]

It's very simple. There is an OLED display that shows an 'oscilloscope-like' trace of the incoming PPM signal, and also displays in numbers the length of the frame, the width of the marker pulses, how many channels are being received and their positions in microseconds.

It's not a proper oscilloscope and only works for PPM signals.

For the ATtiny85 version, you only need the ATtiny85, the OLED display (must be the 0.96-inch monochrome I2C 128x64 type) a resistor, and a capacitor. Optionally you can add a 16 MHz crystal with two small capacitors - but it works fine without those.

The ATmega328 version (for Arduino Nano, Micro, Uno, etc.) you just need the Arduino, a resistor and capacitor to hook up the PPM signal, and the display. The ATmega328 sketch supports the same OLED as the ATtiny85 one, but also the larger 1.3-inch monochrome 128x64 I2C OLEDS that use a different driver to the smaller ones.

Sketches attached - connection details are listed inside the main sketch.
Attachments
PPMtesterATmega328Oled.zip
(8 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
PPMtesterATtiny85OLED.zip
(17.61 KiB) Downloaded 255 times
RON
Site Admin

Re: OLED display PPM tester

Post by RON »

Thanks Martin,

Its a popular one that.
G0MBV Class A Radio Amateur, North Yorkshire