Folded aluminium transmitter cases

Any old or new electronic projects on the go
AndyS

Folded aluminium transmitter cases

Post by AndyS » 27 Nov 2019, 20:45

I have made some 2.4 GHz conversions of my old Micron and Sanwa transmitters. I have also converted an old Simprop transmitter with the mega 256 open tx. I now would like to make a classic 60/70s style reed transmitter and maybe also a proportional from the same era.

However original early reed and propo transmitters are now either very rare or when available have high prices.

Does anyone know of good source of the early type of folded aluminium cases that can be used to emulate these early systems?

drigotti

Re: Folded aluminium transmitter cases

Post by drigotti » 27 Nov 2019, 21:21

Try this......2nd post in the thread!
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=501&start=20
Dave Rigotti

AndyS

Post by AndyS » 27 Nov 2019, 22:04

Many thanks for your fast response. I now have one on order from Farnell. Tricky finding the exact one, two I looked at were despatched from USA with high postage rates!

Tobe

Post by Tobe » 28 Nov 2019, 05:33

https://www.budind.com/view/Small+Metal ... /Miniboxes

There are several out there but some times they need some mods as they normally are too deep. Look online eg. eBay or Amazon for BUD Industries, Aluminum Electronics Enclosure Project Box Case unfortunately they are on the expensive side. They come in bare aluminium so they will need to be covered in Vinyl or given a paint job on top of a zinc chromate primer
Attachments
Al-case.jpg