Two more transmitters converted EK and RS Systems

Any old or new electronic projects on the go
jmendoza

Two more transmitters converted EK and RS Systems

Post by jmendoza »

Here is an EK Logictrol Champion 5 with the pro-mini-strong 3.3V 8MHz. Has expo and travel adjustments.
The other is an RS Systems 2 channel radio designed just for the Hobie Hawk RTF versions back in the mid 1970s. It was made locally here in the city of Orange, hence the color. RS meant "Real Small" and was a continuation of the Bonner RS and Larson RS systems, as Gordon Larson designed all of them. Bob Novak bought out Larson in the mid 1970s. The 2 servo brick was also part of the RS systems Hobie Hawk radio.
I'm finding it easier on some radios like the EK to retain the entire wiring harness and just solder the wires into the Arduino.
Hawk RS Brick.JPG
EKRS conversions (1).JPG
EKRS conversions (2).JPG
_AL_

Re: Two more transmitters converted EK and RS Systems

Post by _AL_ »

They look great!

Al
Scott Todd

Post by Scott Todd »

Well done Jay!

Someone on RCG was looking for those 2Ch RS radios to pair with restored Hawks. I have a 3 but it wasn't really what he was looking for. It's in line to get converted so I can bring it to Katie.

I'm having issues with the Pro Mini Board Strong boards. I posted no the other thread. Hopefulyl I'll sort it out soon.

Nice job keeping the pots inside the EK case. Keeps it pretty clean.

Have you modified a brick to put 2.4 RX in there yet?

Scott
jmendoza

Post by jmendoza »

Hi Todd,
Otto took a Kraft 2 channel brick and put 2 servos and a Spektrum receiver with satellite in it, works great. He's using it in his Hobie and a Kraft 3 channel with the Phil G arduino.

The little RS Systems 2 servo brick is pretty tight as it was only for servos, but I bet you could cram some mini servos and a Lemon RC or Orange RX receiver in the case.

The RS brick shown above has new Novak servo amplifiers in it, which was a big improvement.

If I have the time, I'll Phil-G one of the Orbit Mk III compact 3 channels for Katie.
F2B

Post by F2B »

It's official!
We're having a new verb: to 'Phil_G' :mrgreen:
F2B or not to be....
Scott Todd

Post by Scott Todd »

I like the new verb!

I'm traveling a lot between now and Katie but really wanted to do the Orbit3 and bring it.

We'll see....it will be awesome to see yours (Jay).

We'll definately get some 'button pushing' in and report back. We cant let those Ponty guys have all the fun :)

Scott