ArduSaw

Any old or new electronic projects on the go
Igull

ArduSaw

Post by Igull »

Hi All
I'm looking for a solution to this issue.
ardusaw.jpg
I built this a few years ago to use as a crosscut balsa saw - it's just a brushless motor with a 10A ESC and an arduino nano to provide the ESC with some pulses at max throttle and the ability to start at low throttle to fool the ESC- it also has a very short soft start in the code.
However, it wasn't really what I wanted as of course, the esc has it's own involved startup/safety procedure which takes an annoyingly long time - especially when cutting up lots of sheets of balsa for all those Pulstars :lol:

I could have used a brushed motor and that would easily solve the issue, but it's a bit 20th century. What I really want is someone with some experience on ESC code and the ability to remove all the safety and startup preambles from the code so that my saw just starts up instantly when the power is applied to the setup.
I've attached a pic of the saw and a link to the original Instructable I did ...

http://www.instructables.com/id/ArduSaw/

I did dabble in doing my own 3 phase ESC, but it ended up just far too big for the box and cost much more than the wee el cheapo quad ESC :D The ESC I now use is a 10A Turnigy Multistar with a 2A BEC and Blheli firmware.

It needs to be a single button solution that ensures you don't forget to switch it off and ruin the internal LiPo :)

If my request fails, I'm considering adding a relay or FET and a 30s timer to switch it all off - at least subsequent cuts would be instant.

Cheers

Neil
Martin

Re: ArduSaw

Post by Martin »

Sorry, posted before reading carefully.