Hello Retro Radio people!

Welcome to the Mode Zero Forum
MJF

Hello Retro Radio people!

Post by MJF »

My name is Mike and I am hopelessly addicted to all things aviation (and motorcycle) related.

Started flying gliders, rubber powered and control line models in the 60's with my brother, followed by RC with a single channel Mini Mambo & borrowed Mule MKII transmitter in the late 60's until I purchased a Mule MKII of my own in the early 70's. It was a great thrill to be able to get the model back to the take off field most of the time. I have not strayed too far from the hobby since then. My brother & I still fly together to this day.

Around 15 years ago I got the old Mule and escapement set working and put it in a demo rig to show fellow club mates. I thought it would be a real blast to get one flying again but reality set in remembering the reliability issues. Then came along an article in model magazine by Shaun G showing what he had accomplished with revived retro models and Phil G's amazing single channel and reed emulators. They had successfully resurrected the old transmitters to flying status using modern 2.4Ghz and flight packs. I was smitten again...
Last edited by MJF on 14 Jun 2018, 17:52, edited 2 times in total.
RON
Site Admin

Re: Hello Retro Radio people!

Post by RON »

Hi mike
Welcome to the forum. I know your gonna love it here,
Lots of retro transmitters built and models to suit shown here.
We’d love to see some pictures of your retro projects so feel free to post
Thanks for joining this fabulous meeting place for like minded Modeller’s.

Ron.
G0MBV Class A Radio Amateur, North Yorkshire
Martin

Post by Martin »

Hi Mike, welcome aboard! :)
Carl

Post by Carl »

MJF wrote: 12 Jun 2018, 20:16 I am hopelessly addicted to all things .... .... motorcycle related.
Welcome Mike, and don't forget to tell us about your motorcycle interests too - there is a motorcycle thread :D

Carl
Carl

------------------------------------
STILL LEARNING
------------------------------------