Hi from down under

Welcome to the Mode Zero Forum
bluejets

Hi from down under

Post by bluejets »

Hello to all....putting my hat in the door as Phil_G suggested.

"Trying to retire" electrical contractor with over 50 years in the industry.

Began electronics as a kid, can remember stringing up "power lines" in my bedroom to run small dc motors and other lines to try to improve receiving power of a crystal set I built.

Went back to night tech and correspondence around the age of 25 for around 6 years with electronics, refrigeration and air conditioning.

Taught myself PLC programming which came in handy as it was really in it's infancy at that stage.

Two sons have grown now, one is a lecky same as Dad, the other flew many aircraft for 3 different countries air forces, Aus, UK and NZ. I flew light aircraft as a teenager but then cars and girls came along.
Mad on RC model aircraft of all types and only just managed to get back in to it after a 20 year break.
Boy, I'm really rusty but most came back after the first 3 or 4 flights.

Still have a great interest in electronics and now especially with the "module" age, one can get things up and going almost overnight compared with the "old days". This and the internet, don't know what I'd do now without it. Can clearly remember the number of times picking up an electronics magazine and trying to find specs on the discrete parts some project inside.

Anyhow, much more to it but as Pop used to say" don't wear out your welcome".

Cheers Jorgo
Wayne_H

Re: Hi from down under

Post by Wayne_H »

Welcome to the fold Jorgo ;) Whereabouts are you in the Great South Land??
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
bluejets

Post by bluejets »

Wayne_H wrote: ↑21 Jun 2019, 14:43 Welcome to the fold Jorgo ;) Whereabouts are you in the Great South Land??
Hi Wayne,
Just down the road from the Bundy Rum distillery.........Sunny Qld..

Used to go down through your way many years ago on our way down to the fruit in Berri SA.
Last edited by bluejets on 21 Jun 2019, 15:52, edited 1 time in total.
GarydNB

Post by GarydNB »

Hmmmph! ....bloody eastern statesπŸ˜‰
Welcome anyway!.
Gary
bluejets

Post by bluejets »

GarydNB wrote: ↑21 Jun 2019, 15:50 Hmmmph! ....bloody eastern statesπŸ˜‰
Welcome anyway!.
Gary
Maybe but I've lived many places including out west.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

bluejets wrote: ↑21 Jun 2019, 15:47 Just down the road from the Bundy Rum distillery.........Sunny Qld..
Ah..... G'day Jorgo and welcome to the fold! I have very fond memories of Bundaberg! :D It was our landfall in Oz...... Between 2005 - 2013 my wife and I sailed round the World, crossing the Pacific in 2007 and we landed in Bundaberg on 31st Oct in that year. A great place, the Bert Hinkler Museum was absolutely fascinating....... Though I have to confess that Bundy Rum is not one of my favourite tipples! :oops:

Paul
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

Welcome Jorgo, love the gingerbeer and a fan of the Brupeg build on Youtube. We are spread around OZ aren't we, not packed in like the Poms. Wayne is the closest to an MAAA field Cootamundra, notsure of the other states, I think 3 of use live in Sydney I know of, others as far as WA, Tas and Qld.

We all have fun building and flying vintage RC.

Cheers,

Dave
Cheers,

Dave
Colonel Blink

Post by Colonel Blink »

...and one of the ones in WA (or is it 'the one in WA'?) is now packed in here in the UK. And if that doesn't give him claustrophobia, he's decided to live in a cigar tube on a ribbon of water...........
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

GarydNB wrote: ↑21 Jun 2019, 15:50 Hmmmph! ....bloody eastern statesπŸ˜‰
Welcome anyway!.
Gary
WA is also a long way East of your Pommy repatriation Gary :lol: (Of course, just a little further east are the Kiwi's, but they're basically Aussies with facial tattoos & a weird axint eh bro' :P :roll: )
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)