Friday Knight article

Shout here if you need any help!
Maybe you need a plan - just shout
Wayne_H

Friday Knight article

Post by Wayne_H »

Hi gang,

I'm looking for a copy of the Dave Hughes Friday Knight article, to accompany the plan I've had for >40 years. Now I have the S/C radios & resources, I have every intention of finally building it :o

According to the write up by Dave Hughes for his Soarcerer, the FK article appeared in the June 1967 issue of RM:

THE background story of Soarcerer really began with my experimental single channel Friday Knight prototype, as described in the June 1967 issue of RM. The Mk.I version had plain 'vee' dihedral (10 deg) which, with the relatively large fin and small rudder, did not give a fast enough response or tight enough turn. Mk.II (RM Plan No.16) featured a polyhedral wing which gave satisfactory turns with this fin/rudder set up, though still not enough for any violent manoeuvres.

Is anybody able to assist me with a copy/scan of the Friday Knight article please? Many thanks ;)
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Shaun

Re: Friday Knight article

Post by Shaun »

Hi Wayne I can help but it will have to be photos of the article as my only set of Radio Modellers are the original bound office copies (in mint condition) and I would have to damage the bindings to get them flat in the scanner.

Phil or Mike K may be able to help out with scans if photos are no good as they have some copies of Radio Modeller..

Cheers,

Shaun.
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Shaun wrote: 21 Apr 2019, 17:42 Hi Wayne I can help but it will have to be photos of the article ......

Cheers,

Shaun.
Hi Shaun,

Your photos would certainly be better than what I don't have at the moment :( ;) . Being able to read the article is the only "criterion" I dare to apply......

Ultimately I guess a 'flat' scan would be preferable but any/all help is very much appreciated. :) Thanks mate ;)
Cheers,

Wayne
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Here you,

It looks like there was never a full article on it in RM, just this in a column as mentioned. If it appeared as a full article let me know please.

Shaun
Friday Night.jpg
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Many thanks Shaun.

RM was at best distributed "irregularly"(?) in regional Aus when I was a kid growing up. Do you or anybody else know if RM ever published their plans without an accompanying article? The Friday Knight Mk2 - i.e. the plan that I have - was published as RM plan #16

TIA
Cheers,

Wayne