Hot off the building board

Free flight and rubber powered models
GarydNB

Hot off the building board

Post by GarydNB »

20191001_115111.jpg
Last couple of weeks building...
A mercury gnome glider above, and beneath that, a vintage coupe designed by J. Morrisset in 1949.
Kad370

Re: Hot off the building board

Post by Kad370 »

Nice work!
Free flight models are always fun at airfield.
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Great work Gary, as per usual ;)

Is that your multi-function building spot on the NB, or your "photography corner"??
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Good to see you using your stash of dt timers. 😀

Shaun.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

What's next on the barge build list?
GarydNB

Post by GarydNB »

Thanks Wayne, that's a kitchen work-surface but photography corner sounds good.
Next model? I've cut out the bits for a free flight ferry 500 electric duration model, it was featured in the AeroModeller a few months back and I got the clever bits from Peterborough. Thennn, I'm building an Eddie Riding Westland Widgeon, after that I need an indoor scale model, and I'm re-painting my boat....busy busy!
Gary
Colonel Blink

Post by Colonel Blink »

Hey Gary, how about a build thread on the ER WW, either here or on RCG? I have had the plan for forever and it has always been a model I have wanted to build - I sketched up a nose to take a KP02 when they first came out.

It's a-luvverly and I'm sure you can do it far more justice than I would have any hope of ever doing.
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

GarydNB wrote: 01 Oct 2019, 15:17 20191001_115111.jpgLast couple of weeks building...
A mercury gnome glider above, and beneath that, a vintage coupe designed by J. Morrisset in 1949.
So, have you flown them yet young fella?? We require pictures of course, preferably video :P If it ain't on YouTube............
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Twitcher

Post by Twitcher »

Hey Gary, I'm just finishing off a Ferry 500 - that Peterborough MFC 20" contest freeflighter that was in the AeroModeller a few months back. I saw that you'd built one too and I wanted to ask, how did it go?

Jonathan wossname said there were more competitive (and lighter) designs being flown in the US. Snag is, one of my two freeflight sites is quite small, so I really don't really need yet more performance! Something on the lines of an Ebenezer is nearer the mark, but I'd love to know what the guys over there are doing.

David