Ponte 2023 .....It's on !

Events and news
leccyflyer

Re: Ponte 2023 .....It's on !

Post by leccyflyer »

It's a five hundred mile round trip for me. One of the two models I was building for the event is built and ready for a test flight. The other should be finished tomorrow, with a following wind. It's touch and go whether I'll manage to get a test flight in on Friday morning. I'll be there though, whatever happens, even if I don;t get to fly.
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

Jim wrote: 12 Jul 2023, 12:55 Are there any camping facilities at Ponty this year? I would like to bring my little tent to keep the rain off on Saturday night.
What times do things happen and is there any food available or anywhere nearby I can eat?
The other Phil
Jim/Phil (?) There will be a few staying over, not sure how many but I've had a few camping queries :D
We usually start with Shauns briefing around 9:30 to 10 ish, safety in a public park, boundaries, etc
Theres "Junction 32" outlet nearby which has everything you could possibly want, also a MacDonalds opposite, chippies, pubs... and we will have nibbles & drinks on sale in the car park :D
Cheers
Phil
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

leccyflyer wrote: 12 Jul 2023, 15:00 It's a five hundred mile round trip for me....
Lucky you! Its 600miles for me - and it looks like its going to be in pouring rain all the way!

Oh, joy!

:(

--
Pete
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Jim wrote: 12 Jul 2023, 12:55 Are there any camping facilities at Ponty this year? I would like to bring my little tent to keep the rain off on Saturday night.
What times do things happen and is there any food available or anywhere nearby I can eat?
The other Phil
Hi Jim,

Yes camping is free. There will be a few caravanners and a t least one fellow modeller in a tent. There's a toilet on site.
When were you planning to arrive?

Food will be cakes and soda, tea and coffee on Sunday. There's a MacDonalds a short walk away and pubs close by.

Rgds,

Shaun.

Oops just read Phil's post. 😄😄
Jim

Post by Jim »

Hi Shaun

I expect to arrive Saturday morning by 09:30 as long as I don't get stuck coming up the A1.

I'm bringing a tent and hopefully stop until Sunday afternoon.

See you Saturday

The other Phil
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Great.. have a safe journey to the UK's modelling Valhalla 👍
Mike_K

Post by Mike_K »

Even though the weather forecast is not ideal for this weekend at Ponte, the retro meeting will go ahead regardless, there maybe just be a little more talking and slightly less flying ;)

Some of us have already arrived in Yorkshire for the weekend and have travelled a considerable distance, so it would be a complete waste not to meet up and admire the work of others, be it the workmanship of their models, converted transmitters or new-build retro radios.

So I'm looking forward to seeing many of you tomorrow!

Mike
Stew

Post by Stew »

Weather makes us Brit modellers what we are!
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Stew wrote: 15 Jul 2023, 10:34 Weather makes us Brit modellers what we are!
Yeah, wet :lol: :lol:
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Stew

Post by Stew »

Wet and determined! :D