The 2024 Single-Channel & Retro R/C Event !

Events and news
Phil_G

The 2024 Single-Channel & Retro R/C Event !

Post by Phil_G »

Charge those batteries lads you only have 5 months to prepare!

July 20th and 21st

Details as usual on singlechannel.co.uk

The 2024 theme (one entirely optional slot of many of course!) is about to be announced by Tobe, watch this space!

Cheers
Phil
Tobe

Re: The 2024 Single-Channel & Retro R/C Event !

Post by Tobe »

Chaps, as every year Ponte has a theme however this should never shadow that Ponte is mainly a social event to enjoy each other's company and shoot the breeze so the suggested themes are optional but would give some extra common ground for chit chatting.
This year will have a main theme and a second one...for both there are intention for some events like a pylon racing, mass launch etc. and expect that many flights will be rewarded by some kind of prizes.
We are fully aware the choice of a theme might not please everyone but at the same time opens up for the opportunity to build something that would probably not been thought of.
The chosen model is the Bee-Baby - https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=3974
3974.jpg
3974 (1).jpg

This model is extremely simple and quite quick to build offering many options and not least for those that never have built a biplane the opportunity to do so. My only recommendation would be to build it not in 1/16" (1,5 mm in metric) as mentioned on the drawings but in 3/32" (2 mm in metric). Preferably it should be kept Single Channel but there are no limitations per se but an engine cut off is recommended!

Second theme which is even more optional is a Single Channel Ebeneezer-the crazier the better with a wingspan limits of 30" (75 cm in metric) for monoplanes and 20" (50 cm in metric) for multiwings.

Please show/share on the forum the progress of your theme buildings,
Cheers,

Tobe
Stew

Post by Stew »

Please, weather Gods, take pity on us poor modelling mortals and bless us with clear skies and light winds!

Can't wait! Calendar duly marked.

Stew.
iflylilplanes

Post by iflylilplanes »

I built and flew a Bee Baby free flight back in 1975, power was a Cox Golden Bee, maiden first flight was a flyaway :o . A club mate found it 2 rainy weeks later sitting on her wheels on a large flat rock under an overhang at the bottom of a cliff, bone dry and the only damage was a chipped wing tip, the club mate said she was just sitting there wobbling on her wheels in the breeze :D .

I think I flew the Bee Baby 2 time more after the maiden, and then gave it to a younger club member to play with, it's a model on my to build again one day list. To many aircraft on the workbench at the moment to start another, one day I will get there.
Cheers,

Dave
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

I built a Depron KK Phantomeezer years ago. Done in a day and flew well so don't limit yourselves to balsa. Save that for the good stuff. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
GeeW

Post by GeeW »

What are the Ebeneezer rules/guidelines? I have a couple of ideas in mind...quite like the look of the Bee-Baby as well.

Regards

Gordon
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Hi Gordon,

Pontefract Ebeneezer's are basically any model with a profile fus and sheet wing (wings). IC or electric, spans as detailed by Tobe.
Must have a minimum of rudder control but preferably ( that's a very strong preferably πŸ˜€) throttle as well to prevent flyaways over the public and carpark.
Ebeneezerize any existing retro design that's free flight, RC, control line, or use one of the many Ebeneezer plans out there.
Let your imagination go wild: Balsa or Depron, go for it. At the sizes detailed it won't cost much in materials or time if it doesn't work out. I'm hoping with the BeeBaby we can recapture the laugh we all had when tried Blunderbird Pylon Racing.

Shaun.
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

9778.jpg
https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=9778
10232.jpg
https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=10232

Just to give an idea...just remember Single Channel. Make it flat as you go crazy!
Cheers,

Tobe
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Eric Clutton Fishface would be a good one to try. πŸ‘

http://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=7551

Or a Dick Dastardlyneezer
https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source= ... 6ZCpongV8a
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

Cheers,

Tobe