Pontefract Retro & Single Channel fly in 2018

Events and news
Colonel Blink

Re: Pontefract Retro & Single Channel fly in 2018

Post by Colonel Blink »

Adrian reckoned he caught the moment when Wes' model made a 'spot' landing in the pilot's box - it came down vertically in the 3ft gap between my nose and the back of Shaun's head............!!!! :lol: :lol:
RON
Site Admin

Post by RON »

Colonel Blink wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 13:53 Adrian reckoned he caught the moment when Wes' model made a 'spot' landing in the pilot's box - it came down vertically in the 3ft gap between my nose and the back of Shaun's head............!!!! :lol: :lol:
Yes it was about 6 inches behind me, I had to duck out the way!

Ron
G0MBV Class A Radio Amateur, North Yorkshire
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

We really don't want those photos in cyberspace especially as the public had access to our event. Bad press is in danger of getting the Nats banned because of similar photos and videos published from the Chuck and Duck evening sessions. This ain't the fun police talking; we need to be aware of the consequences of posting the wrong content. Fortunately nobody made contact with the lightweight piece of balsa....

Shaun.
_AL_

Post by _AL_ »

Thanks for posting the pics guys. Looks like a cracker of an event.
I love the jumbo Pulstar & the stick & tissue twin.
I look forward to seeing the Pulstar group launch.

Al
Colonel Blink

Post by Colonel Blink »

Shaun wrote: 06 Jun 2018, 14:39 We really don't want those photos in cyberspace especially as the public had access to our event.
Actually, that's a good point - we don't want people bracketing a genuinely isolated incident in a successfully self-policed and safe event with the Chuck & Duck (which I personally believe does cross the line).

Nuff said!
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

We'll put Colin.

I understand from Manny at the BMFA that big changes are afoot re the Chuck and duck and how it will be conducted this year.

Shaun.
PaulJ

Post by PaulJ »

Shaun wrote: 07 Jun 2018, 08:22 I understand from Manny at the BMFA that big changes are afoot re the Chuck and duck and how it will be conducted this year.
Yes, I suppose in these days of "elf and safety", some changes need to be made but the Chuck and Duck is the main reason I go to the Nats so I hope they don't do anything that will change the essential atmosphere of the event. In recent years there have been a few idiots who have brought it into disrepute....... for instance the "Flying Rag" and one or two other instances that I am sure we have all seen on Youtube. So I think perhaps it does need some "policing" to ensure that that kind of thing doesn't happen and also perhaps those not actually chucking and ducking, particularly young children, should be kept behind an upwind barrier. At Old Warden they limit the weight of the model to 500gm and the size of motor to .75cc which means I can't fly my Mills 1.3 but it does make some sense.......... Any policing might also include banning alcohol on the site!