RetroFest - Buckminster BMFA HQ

Events and news
Pchristy

Re: RetroFest - Buckminster BMFA HQ

Post by Pchristy »

Colonel: If you want free editing software, checkout Kdenlive:

https://kdenlive.org/en/

Although primarily for Linux, it is also available as an AppImage for Windows, though IIRC, you have to install ffmpeg too (quite simple, and instructions are there).

It can handle just about any video format you throw at it, and output in virtually anything as well. Its a "Timeline" editor, so not as simple as moviemaker, but a lot more capable.

If you have a powerful NVidia graphics card plus the CUDA drivers, the DaVinci Resolve is another editor that is free to download. This is a full on professional standard editor, but does rely on specific hardware to function. It can produce better quality than kdenlive under some circumstances, and has more effects, but it is more complex and fussy about hardware.

Both are FREE! :)

--
Pete
Colonel Blink

Post by Colonel Blink »

Pete - the only bit I understood there was 'Free'................ :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sundancer

Post by Sundancer »

Ah yes, despite not being born there the Colonel has obviously picked up some good Yorkshire habits and understands the only bit that really matters!
Pchristy

Post by Pchristy »

Colonel: Don't worry about anything else! The Windows version of kdenlive now seems to contain ffmpeg, so you don't have to worry about installing that anymore.

Just download it, unzip it, put the folder in the zipfile somewhere sensible, and then run the kdenlive.exe file from within the folder. You don't have to "install" it, in the conventional sense, and if you don't like it, just delete the folder!

Simple and FREE! :D

--
Pete
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

Phil_G wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 14:28
Colonel Blink wrote: 14 Jul 2018, 07:42 since I lost Windows Movie Maker, I really need to get myself a usable video editing program...
On Windows 10, if you try to find Windoze Movie Maker, it suggests using the 'Photo' application instead.
So I tried it and its absolutely awful. Unusable. Luckily my desktop is W8 so has WMM, so after wasting 30 minutes on 'Photo' with increasing frustration, I went back to the old way!
Interesting!?! I followed this
https://www.howtogeek.com/355524/how-to ... eo-editor/
and found it simple enough to use as well as producing reasonable output (don't believe I just said that publicly about a MicroSuck app :shock:)
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Carl

Post by Carl »

Thanks Wayne for the link. I've wanted to piece together some video footage into one video and didn't know about the extra level in the Windows video editor that allows this. Tried it and does the job :D

Carl
Carl

------------------------------------
STILL LEARNING
------------------------------------
Colonel Blink

Post by Colonel Blink »

Actually I've just got around to repairing the nose sheeting, and thought a little decoration was in order....

BTW if anyone wants to get rid of their Pulstar, I'd give them a tenner for it.... perhaps a bit less if a little 'shop soiled' (Phil ) :D
Inspired by Mikes nose art
Inspired by Mikes nose art
Wayne_H

Post by Wayne_H »

To compliment the nose signage, may I suggest a pulstar silhouette to celebrate (?) your first "kill" :o
Tally Ho..........
Cheers,

Wayne
Once a Retrobate, always a Retrobate............ ;)
Shaun

Retro Fest 2019 - Buckminster BMFA HQ

Post by Shaun »

Just had notification from the BMFA that they would like Retro Fest back next year.

As soon as Phil & I have details we'll update you.

Cheers,

Shaun
Shaun

Retro Fest 2019 - Buckminster BMFA HQ

Post by Shaun »

Time to meter out retribution on Colin eh Phil! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers,

Shaun