Wanted - Gem 1+1 transmitter

Something to sell, buy or swap?
List it here.
Shaun

Re: Wanted - Gem 1+1 transmitter

Post by Shaun »

That's a SLM case and stick, plus crappy Gem switch. πŸ˜„

Doesn't look anywhere near as nice as the Simprop version.
leccyflyer

Post by leccyflyer »

That's exactly the one Shaun! Only mine had that same "Space 1999 font" Gem name badge on the front of the case and was all in cream colour.

Where did you find the picture?
leccyflyer

Post by leccyflyer »

Phil_G wrote: ↑04 Jun 2023, 23:43 Simprop/Mainstream/Gem badged and sold the same gear so your Gem could easily have been that exact set Brian, but with a Gem badge.
The 'flat' sticks are common, made by SLM, my various Talisman 2's use them, also the Micron Elf, Waltron Mini 2 and the Skyleader Clubmate amongst several others.
Martin did square or round surround versions, Kraft did a very similar round version (with flat sticks)

download/file.php?id=12328&t=1
That's the feller Phil - but mine was all cream, rather then red. That's the Holy Grail of Gem transmitters for me. :)
leccyflyer

Post by leccyflyer »

Phil_G wrote: ↑04 Jun 2023, 16:11 Elf:
viewtopic.php?p=124#p124

Frank did a really nice 3D printed Mainstream 1+1 which is the same as a Gem:
viewtopic.php?p=1777#p1777
Theres a very convincing photo in the 2nd post of that thread :D

Brian, weren't you previously a member of Singlechannellersreunited? I recognise you from RCM&E of course... :D
Hi Phil

I don't remember being in Singlechannellers reunited.

As I was saying to Shaun yesterday, I never managed to fly successfully with Single channel in the 70's. My first model - a KK Outlaw with a PAW diesel, didn't last ten seconds and was destroyed on it's maiden flight crash at the Three Sisters wasteland near Wigan. The Gem 1+1 gear then went in my KK Mini Super build, that I'd covered in doped nylon, then painted in heavy lead paint which meant that she never got beyond taxiing! The gear ended up in a KK Vosper Air Sea Rescue launch, where it did work fine for a time.

Since coming back to the hobby in the 90's I've often though I'd like to have another stab at making another Outlaw and Mini Super and actually flying them. I hope that I can do that with the help of this forum.
Shaun

Post by Shaun »

Hi Brian,
I was looking for some pics in my archive for a future article and came across it. It was a screen grab of an eBay listing I had taken some time ago and clearly forgot about.

Shaun.
Last edited by Shaun on 05 Jun 2023, 10:42, edited 1 time in total.
leccyflyer

Post by leccyflyer »

Hi Phil

I did see the added photos in your post, I saw the picture that Shaun had posted first then your post - I think between you two gents you've found pretty much the exact transmitter that I had back in the day.

Brilliant. :D
Tobe

Post by Tobe »

That stick is easy peasy to replicate....
Cheers,

Tobe