Help Please.

Something to sell, buy or swap?
List it here.
piroflip

Re: Help Please.

Post by piroflip »

Phil_G wrote: 25 Apr 2018, 13:41 It is Larry, it has one plug into your receiver, and three headers for up to 3 servos.
For S/C with an IC engine you'd probably just use one servo, rudder-only.
If you decide to go that way, email me & we'll sort it out.
Meanwhile have a look at the document, its item P5 on the Archive page of www.singlechannel.co.uk

Email is philg@talk21.com

Cheers
Phil
that's brilliant.
can you quote me a price with carr?
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

Email me on philg@talk21.com with your postal details and I'll send you one FOC Larry.
Mike will have explained that you have one channel on your receiver (I dont know which,
probably channel 1) which simply follows the button on the transmitter.
Plug the escapement emulator into that channel, and your rudder servo into the emulator port 0.
If you want kick-up (I'd suggest not, keep it simple at first) the elevator servo goes in port 1.
If its in an electric model, the ESC goes into port 2 of the emulator and powers the receiver
down the single connection to channel 1 on the receiver.
Be aware its a bare uncased board, you mustnt allow any metal to short-circuit anything on the PCB.

dx5e_sc_ret_annot.jpg

Cheers
Phil
piroflip

Post by piroflip »

jackdaw wrote: 24 Apr 2018, 12:25 Sorry to be blunt, but what is it you are looking for???
Assistance in understanding the systems and what you need to do yourself, with guidance, to end up with a reliable SC set up using modern Tx and Rx RF link and modern servo(s). Is it an intellectual hurdle you need to overcome or a physical one or both.
OR
Some one to take your equipment, do the work and return to you a working, reliable outfit using modern items? In effect a plug-and-play solution. Nothing wrong with this approach if this is what you want and are prepared to pay some one.
I have already paid Mike for the work. Due to a misunderstanding (not Mike's fault) I thought that I was getting a modern version of an escapement when he quoted me for TX, RX, and "escapement switcher".
When everything arrived I of course found out that I still could not fly as the escapement switcher still required an escapement which I did not have and have little chance of finding.
piroflip

Post by piroflip »

Phil_G wrote: 26 Apr 2018, 12:34 Email me on philg@talk21.com with your postal details and I'll send you one FOC Larry.
Mike will have explained that you have one channel on your receiver (I dont know which,
probably channel 1) which simply follows the button on the transmitter.
Plug the escapement emulator into that channel, and your rudder servo into the emulator port 1.
If you want kick-up (I'd suggest not, keep it simple at first) the elevator servo goes in port 2.
If its in an electric model, the ESC goes into port 3 of the emulator and powers the receiver
down the single connection to channel 1 on the receiver.
Be aware its a bare uncased board, you mustnt allow any metal to short-circuit anything on the PCB.

dx5e_sc_ret_annot.jpg

Cheers
Phil
That's very decent of you Phil, I owe you one.

regards

Larry
Phil_G

Post by Phil_G »

Posted a few minutes ago Larry. This arrangement will work fine, but long-term, if you find you enjoy flying S/C and intend to stick with it, I'd suggest replacing the simple on/off encoder with a proper S/C emulation encoder, that way you'd get rid of the on-board gubbins and you'd have a standard setup like most of us here. There are many options available - there's mine, Martins, and I understand from Mike (Ridley) that he also has a S/C encoder in the pipeline (but he's using Picaxe & programming in BASIC, and not surprisingly is having problems with timing) so talk to people on here & see which way you'd like to go.
At least for now with the escapement emulator, your setup will work fine, and will get you into reliable S/C flying. Let us know how you get on!
Cheers
Phil
piroflip

Post by piroflip »

Thanks Phil, i will let you know of course.

my Veron Deacon is well on the way and i hope to test fly it in the five to six weeks.

i'm a very slow and methodical builder. lol